My Care Package from Mom and Dad: Exciting Snacks and Shampoo

• Thread starter Entropy
  • Start date
In summary: It is nice to have close friends who can take care of you when you're older. Do you like your roommates? I like my roommates, but I would like it if they would send me more packages. I don't really like getting care packages from my parents.
Entropy
:!) JOY! Got a care package from my parents the other day! Contents included three packs of beef jerky, pack of gummy bears, a pack of sunflower seeds, and selesum blue shampoo. I've already eaten all the jerky and now I'm working on the gummy bears.

Do you get any packages full of goodies in the mail? If not that means your parents hate you, sorry.

Physics news on Phys.org
I never get any care packages

I guess that's one of the things you miss out on by actually living with your parents.

my parents never send me anything either. And i DON'T live at home... sad... they probably don't like me. but its ok, my roommates parents always send me stuff too. (last years roommate's mum was better than this years though... I'm hoping next semester's mum sends cookies more often.)

LOL! Entropy, I still get care packages from the folks and I have been on my own for 20 years. Mostly, Mom sends stuff for the cat: cat toys, treats, ribbon, etc. but in the last box she also sent me chocolate covered peppermint sticks, a bunch of soup mixes (tortilla, black bean, lentil), some Aveda shampoo, and some mechanical pencils.

One day you'll get care packages, Pengwuino. You'll see. Gale, I am shocked that you are not getting care packages from your folks. But I am glad to hear that your roommates have such a thoughtful family.

Entropy said:
Do you get any packages full of goodies in the mail? If not that means your parents hate you, sorry.
Nope, and yeah I was already well aware of the fact.

On the upside I have a friend who send me stuff. She bakes brownies. Mmmm.

Damnit, I want brownies. I'll have to call my mom and yell at her.

Math Is Hard said:
Gale, I am shocked that you are not getting care packages from your folks. But I am glad to hear that your roommates have such a thoughtful family.

yeah... well... i don't always get along super well with my family anyway. my mum did send me flowers on my bday, but that's the only thing I've ever gotten. and that was my only gift from them on my bday too. but meh. I'm in the market for some new parents anyway, so anyone interested in sending a sweet 18 yr old girl care packages, let me know!

Entropy said:
:!) JOY! Got a care package from my parents the other day! Contents included three packs of beef jerky, pack of gummy bears, a pack of sunflower seeds, and selesum blue shampoo. I've already eaten all the jerky and now I'm working on the gummy bears.
I'd take the jerky and the seeds, but selsum blue gives me heartburn

Gale said:
yeah... well... i don't always get along super well with my family anyway. my mum did send me flowers on my bday, but that's the only thing I've ever gotten. and that was my only gift from them on my bday too. but meh. I'm in the market for some new parents anyway, so anyone interested in sending a sweet 18 yr old girl care packages, let me know!
I'll send you care packages if you'll support me in my old age. I can cook and clean and can take care of your future kids.

What would you like. :approve:

Ok, I can address that to tribdog as well. :biggrin:

Gale said:
Aww...your parents sound about as thoughtful as mine were when I was in college. That's exactly the same thing my mom did for me...she sent me flowers on my birthday...one year. I never got care packages either. One of my friends was completely shocked to realize this...he didn't think there were parents who really never sent care packages to their kids in college. :rolleyes: But I also had a roommate with a wonderful mom who sent enough cookies for the both of us! :biggrin:

At least when you're done with college, you'll be all set to live independently. :approve:

My mom sends me packages of the newest skins lotions to try, along with dryed peppers and a package of M and M's!

i didn't even realize so many people got care packages. i thought i'd just lucked out and had roommates who's parents sent them stuff. i guess i don't really live too far from home so that's why. i see them about once a month still. man though, it'd sure be nice to have food in my dorms sometimes. i could really go for some cookies now... mmm.

The packages are the other way around with us. Once or twice a week, when I have to go to my official home for something (like picking up my dress shoes last night), N/W puts together a dinner plate and some desserts for me to give my mother.

I send stuff to my brother every now and then. Last month I sent him a calculus guide and stuck 20 bucks in it (to make sure he opened it!)

Gale, I am going to have to send you a care package. I might have to send Moonbear one, too. I need to find Moonie some heated gloves for those cold mornings when she's out with the sheep.

Evo said:
I'll send you care packages if you'll support me in my old age. I can cook and clean and can take care of your future kids.
What's happened to Child and Spawn? Why aren't they shoveling your snow?

zoobyshoe said:
What's happened to Child and Spawn? Why aren't they shoveling your snow?
Since they're both out on their own, trying to get to my house at 5am when it snows would be next to impossible, the snow plows usually haven't gotten to my neighborhood then and it's a perilous drive. I'm just grateful that this time it was a dry snow, it's usually three inches of solid ice.

Evo said:
Since they're both out on their own, trying to get to my house at 5am when it snows would be next to impossible, the snow plows usually haven't gotten to my neighborhood then and it's a perilous drive. I'm just grateful that this time it was a dry snow, it's usually three inches of solid ice.

That's what this:

http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xinesnapshot17jx.png

is for

Unless there are some parts missing, it's not Evo's. :tongue:

Danger said:
Unless there are some parts missing, it's not Evo's. :tongue:

No, but it should take care of her ice problem quite handily.

No kidding! One that size could even have thawed out the ex-from-hell.

Danger said:
No kidding! One that size could even have thawed out the ex-from-hell.

Oh my ex-from-hell didn't need any thawing, that wasn't her problem. Anti-psychotics would have been more useful.

Or duct tape...

Danger said:
Or duct tape...

Nah, I don't think that would have worked quite so well. Probably would have been too much of a turn-on for her.

In my case, that was the point. I think that we had vastly different problems.

Danger said:
In my case, that was the point. I think that we had vastly different problems.

Ah, yeah, that certainly wasn't the problem. More the paranoia, the cheating, the general loony behavoir. Fun times. Well, sorta.

Maybe if we put them together we'd get one normal woman... but then we'd have to share. :biggrin:

Danger said:
Maybe if we put them together we'd get one normal woman... but then we'd have to share. :biggrin:

Couldn't be more than I was already sharing, so it would still be an improvement.

At least I don't have anything that can't be cleared up with penicillin.

How the hell am I supposed to get anything done around here if you keep dragging me back to this thread? :grumpy:

Danger said:
At least I don't have anything that can't be cleared up with penicillin.
How the hell am I supposed to get anything done around here if you keep dragging me back to this thread? :grumpy:
Work faster. Chop Chop!

Easy for you to say; I'm at work. Damned inconsiderate customers keep coming in. :grumpy:

Danger said:
Easy for you to say; I'm at work. Damned inconsiderate customers keep coming in. :grumpy:

Now that sounds like a personal problem.

How's that for inconsiderate? Am I on par with them yet? Or do I need to try harder? DOn't mind me, I'm crazy.

You're a lot quicker and more tenacious, but at least I don't have to stand up to deal with you.

And I've never doubted your lack of sanity.

Back