1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Centrifugal force acting on fine particles

1. Apr 21, 2015 #1
    Is there any centrifugal force acting on fine particles suspended in water inside centrifuge tubes? explain, not only by textual discussion

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2015 #2

Dale

Staff: Mentor

Is this a homework question. If so then it needs to go in the homework section of the forum and use the template including the part where you show your own effort.

4. Apr 22, 2015 #3
    Actually, no, it is not a homework i just want to know if centrifugal force also acting in partcles suspended in water in centrifuge tube
    because i confused about getting the real answer. Thanks

5. Apr 22, 2015 #4

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

Ask yourself... What is the acceleration of the particles? What does that tell you about the net force acting on them?

6. Apr 22, 2015 #5
    I just want to know if yes or no.

7. Apr 22, 2015 #6
    We're not an Q&A site. We'll help you reach the answer.

8. Apr 23, 2015 #7
    Yes. Here is the equation for centrifugal force friend Fc=MV^2/R. As long as there is matter with a velocity traveling perpendicular to a force then there is a centrifugal force, if the centrifuges are spinning then the particle in them should feel a center seaking force.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook