1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Charged particle focusing device

  1. Feb 9, 2013 #1

    Is there a device that can attract alpha or beta particles and focus them on a point.

    Something like the reverse of a CRT tube for electrons.

  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2013 #2


    User Avatar
    2017 Award

    Staff: Mentor

    They can be attracted by negative or positive charges, respectively. Not to a single point, but to a small volume, if the conditions are right.
    Why do you want to do that?
  4. Feb 10, 2013 #3
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook