1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Classical Classical mechanics: Taylor or Kleppner/Kolenkow?

1. Mar 25, 2015 #1
    Hello all.
    I know both books cover some different topics, but for the topics they share, which one do you think is better?
    I have checked the first chapters in both books, and, for the time being, I can't decide. So, if anyone of you have used these textbooks, maybe you can give me a piece of advice. My first idea would be to use both them simultaneously, but I don' know if they are "compatible".

Any comments will be wellcomed.

Thank you so much.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2015 #2
    I have read Kleppner two times. First time I really liked it. The second time I read it I fell in love with it. The book has many interesting problems and it is very clear (at least to me). Although hard, the chapter problems will definitely give you a great sense of accomplishment after you've solved them!

I totally recommend it!

4. Apr 5, 2015 #3
    I don't know the Taylor but kleppner is the one of the best books ever it teaches with the problems that is in everyday life and also applys it to advanced topics of physics I think whatever you decide on. read kleppners book at least once. You won't regret anyway.

5. Apr 5, 2015 #4
    I could not remember Taylor Morin at first but it is good for advanced users if you think you are go ahead of you are not read first kleppner then go through it

6. Apr 6, 2015 #5
    For the time being, I have seen that Taylor begins from the very basic, so I think it is appropiate for antoje who has taken a freshman course in physics.

7. Apr 8, 2015 #6
    It depends on your ability of calculus. Kleppner is a book should be read at once no matter how much you are good it is still good.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted