1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Closed loop Servomechanism problem

1. Jan 11, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data[/b]

Hey Guys

Firstly thanks for looking, I really appreciate any help or interest with my problem.

The problem is a closed loop feedback system it's unlike any I have come across before.

I have been given the definition which is as follows:-

G(t)^-1 = 2.5 x 10 ^-3 {(1-400k)}D^2+10D+400

i have to prove it with the following information.

I = Inertia of the turbine blade is = 1kg/m
    c.ω= viscous Damped rotation (hysteresis) = 10 rad/s Nm
    T = Torque motor= 400[e + k d^2θ/dt^2] Nm
    e=(θin-θout) = angular position error in rads between the input and output shaft
    k.d^2θout/dt^2= defines the additional feedback signal, accelerometer i am guessing

The definition or the answer that we are trying to work it into is in D notation, or operator D. this is where we can replace the derivatives of angular acceleration or position with D
    there fore
    D = dθ/dt
    D^2 = d^2θ/dt^2

2. Relevant equations

general format of second order system

θout/θin = k/(1/ωn^2)D^2+(2ζ/ωn)D+1

this is a general solution

Zeta is a damping coeff of the system

Newton's 2nd law

∑T=∑I.α
    3. The attempt at a solution

As for the work i have carried out, is that i am trying to reverse engineer the definition of the system to get the numbers, i can see that the answer is quadratic, D^2 and D and 400. but can not seem to get from the original boundary conditions to there. i have also tried to split the loops up in to two. this did not work for me.

using basic control algebra i have deduced that the accelerometor should e k. d^2θ/dt^2 not
    k.d^2θout/dt^2 this i believe is a mistake on my question paper.

thanks for looking. any advice would be welcomed.

Atrix

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2014 #2
    sorry I did not mention that there is as uploaded visual representation to help understanding, many thanks
    Alex

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted