Cloud cropping/plureite sensors

I saw a video on facebook recently of some sort of devices making circles in the clouds, revealing the blue sky above. I thought at first this was fake but apparently not. Someone provided the explanation using the above terms...cloud cropping and plureite sensors, but I can no longer find the original post and I can't find anything online. The plureite sensors were the devices apparently making the circles and cropping the cloud as some way of controlling the weather. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Answers and Replies

davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I saw a video on facebook recently of some sort of devices making circles in the clouds, revealing the blue sky above. I thought at first this was fake but apparently not.

are you inferring a man-made "device" ?

@berkeman 's links show a natural occurrence

I have not heard of a man made device for doing the same

Dave

Likes berkeman
I was unable to upload a video but I have since found a video on you tube which is similar to the one I mentioned. I cannot upload it but if anyone would like to check it out, type the following into you tube search....."Burning holes into the sky with 'weather laser.' It should be first on the viewing list. The following comment went with the original video as an explanation......

"A number of plureite sensors are released at high altitude , and each partial can split but not always while revolving at high speed thus condensing moisture which in this case clears the area within the circumference of the sensors
That's why you get the impression of light balls as ice amasses thus reflecting light from the sun.
It's a experimental exercise trying to control the weather ."

berkeman
Mentor
plureite
Are you sure about that spelling? Google does not show me any hits...

No, I would not trust the spelling. Did you view the you tube video?

Evo
Mentor
No, I would not trust the spelling. Did you view the you tube video?
I did, it's fake conspiracy nonsense. I gave the links for the cause of the "natural" phenomena that Berkeman posted. I'm sorry, we do not debunk fakery and conspiracies. Thread closed.

Likes berkeman, jim mcnamara and davenn