Coding Language To Sumbit Information To web Browser

In summary: Alternatively, you might be interested in a Firefox extension called Greasemonkey (which is useful for all sorts of things besides filling out timesheets).That sounds like a good option. I would not like to see PF associated with an activity that could be appropriated for unethical or fraudulent use. It doesn't matter if your use or intent is perfectly innocent, PF would still be on the hook.
dfence
Hi,

I was wondering first off, if it is possible to write code so that you could fill out fields in a web browser so that you could automate a process. I'd like to make a script that basically goes online submits my username and password and then fills out 8 hours worked in the appropriate field everyday.

I was just wondering if that is even possible and if so what programmig language should I use.

Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
Because I'd like to know if it is possible to do. I'd like to automate the process of filling out my time card. I want to make it so that every time I turn on my work computer it logs onto the webclient and fills out 8 hours.

I just want to know if its possible. Thanks

dfence said:
I just want to know if its possible. Thanks
It could be illegal, questionably legal, or ethically problematic. With respect to your work's time sheet software, it could very well be against company policy and land you in more hot water then it's worth.

story645 said:
It could be illegal, questionably legal, or ethically problematic. With respect to your work's time sheet software, it could very well be against company policy and land you in more hot water then it's worth.
Could be true, and even if it's not a policy violation, a lot of these secure web applications jump through hoops to make this sort of thing technically difficult. But it is certainly possible, and any general-purpose programming language would provide you with the necessary tools.

Alternatively, you might be interested in a Firefox extension called Greasemonkey (which is useful for all sorts of things besides filling out timesheets).

I would not like to see PF associated with an activity that could be appropriated for unethical or fraudulent use. It doesn't matter if your use or intent is perfectly innocent, PF would still be on the hook. You can see how this would put it in a very awkward position.

1. What is a coding language?

A coding language, also known as a programming language, is a set of instructions used to create computer programs and applications. It is a means for humans to communicate with computers.

2. What is the purpose of coding language to submit information to a web browser?

The purpose of coding language to submit information to a web browser is to allow users to interact with a website or web application. It enables the browser to understand and display the information being sent by the user.

3. What are some examples of coding languages used to submit information to a web browser?

Some examples of coding languages used to submit information to a web browser include HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. These languages work together to create the structure, style, and functionality of a website or web application.

4. How does coding language to submit information to a web browser work?

Coding language to submit information to a web browser works by using a combination of tags, elements, and attributes to create a document that the browser can render and display to the user. It also includes scripts and functions to add interactivity and dynamic features to the web page.

5. What are the benefits of using coding language to submit information to a web browser?

The benefits of using coding language to submit information to a web browser include the ability to create dynamic and interactive web pages, improve user experience, and make websites accessible on different devices and browsers. It also allows for easy maintenance and updates of websites and web applications.