Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
Stavros Kiri said:
My favourite, lol, [matrix] element ij=33 on the table above ... :oldbiggrin::-p
Leibniz? That one is the only one I didn't like - an integral with no d just looks wrong.
Stavros Kiri said:
Also noticed no Scrödinger !? ... Can we make up one, e.g. with ψ or something?
Can't think of one (something with cats?).
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
Physics news on Phys.org
Ibix said:
Can't think of one (something with cats?).
I have a very subtle one:

upload_2018-9-10_21-1-23.png

or
upload_2018-9-10_21-4-37.png
 

Attachments

  • upload_2018-9-10_21-1-23.png
    upload_2018-9-10_21-1-23.png
    838 bytes · Views: 1,024
  • upload_2018-9-10_21-4-37.png
    upload_2018-9-10_21-4-37.png
    892 bytes · Views: 589
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, nuuskur and kith
fresh_42 said:
Nope. I said subtle. And Planck is missing, too.
Probability waves? ...
Yeah, Planck too
 
fresh_42 said:
Nope. I said subtle.
The second one is better - although I think you should have put the half dots back.
fresh_42 said:
And Planck is missing, too.
Planck law graph for the n?
 
Stavros Kiri said:
Probability waves? ...

Or single dots for derivatives?! ...
 
Stretching the style a bit:

CodeCogsEqn.gif
 

Attachments

  • CodeCogsEqn.gif
    CodeCogsEqn.gif
    977 bytes · Views: 567
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Stavros Kiri and Ibix
fresh_42 said:
Two eyes for the cat and it would be perfect!
It's looking backwards
[besides, double dot would be confusing for double derivative ...]
 
Stavros Kiri said:
It's looking backwards
[besides, double dot would be confusing for double derivative ...]
fresh_42 said:
Yes, but it's not Schrödinger, it's Schrödinger.
Yours then problem too! ...
And the cat does have the eyes in fact ...
 
fresh_42 said:
Two eyes for the cat and it would be perfect!
fresh_42 said:
Yes, but it's not Schrödinger, it's Schrödinger.
I thought the ears were the umlaut.

Beside, as long as the cat's eyes are closed, the cat is both facing frontward and rearward. :wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd, davenn and fresh_42
jack action said:
schrodinger-jpg.jpg
Time to recycle a previous post:
DrGreg said:
Never mind Schrödinger's cat, have you seen Heisenberg's? I'm not sure...
heisenbergs-cat-2-png.png
 

Attachments

  • heisenbergs-cat-2-png.png
    heisenbergs-cat-2-png.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 580
  • schrodinger-jpg.jpg
    schrodinger-jpg.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 533
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, collinsmark and kith
The hadron physicist's morning prayer:
To decay, or not to decay, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous protons,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them.
 
Ran across one of my favorite old Dilbert cartoons recently:
Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 3.40.43 PM.png
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 3.40.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 3.40.43 PM.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 663
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Demystifier, jack action and 2 others
The water cycle explained :biggrin:

water cycle explained.jpg
 

Attachments

  • water cycle explained.jpg
    water cycle explained.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,347
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Matterwave, BillTre, DennisN and 7 others
“To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.”
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary, BillTre, nuuskur and 5 others
Pavlov is sitting on a park bench when suddenly a phone rings.
"Oh crap!" he says. "I forgot to feed the dogs!"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Matterwave, nuuskur, collinsmark and 6 others
chasrob said:
Pavlov is sitting on a park bench when suddenly a phone rings.
"Oh crap!" he says. "I forgot to feed the dogs!"
Ha! :woot::DD! That's going to have to be my new favorite joke! :woot:
 
Bad news, everyone!

4vdhxyvjmbcx.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 4vdhxyvjmbcx.jpg
    4vdhxyvjmbcx.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 719
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and nuuskur
nuuskur said:
In that case I must say I have a very vivid imagination
I can imagine that!
 
So the last 6 years were all a dream? That explains a lot!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and DennisN
upload_2018-10-8_12-43-48.png
 

Attachments

  • upload_2018-10-8_12-43-48.png
    upload_2018-10-8_12-43-48.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 699
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, nuuskur, DennisN and 3 others