Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
I'm sure that someone can help.

I'llSaveYou.gif
 

Attachments

  • I'llSaveYou.gif
    I'llSaveYou.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 829
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: QuantumQuest, Ibix, davenn and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
extrapolate from missing data.jpg
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
 

Attachments

  • extrapolate from missing data.jpg
    extrapolate from missing data.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 758
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TachyonLord, collinsmark, Klystron and 4 others
bandwidth determines speed.jpg
 

Attachments

  • bandwidth determines speed.jpg
    bandwidth determines speed.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 731
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, collinsmark, QuantumQuest and 2 others
What is the difference between a philosopher and a mathematician?
To work, the mathematician needed paper, a pencil and a wastepaper basket.
The philosopher does not need the basket ...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, DrClaude, davenn and 1 other person
Math_Ausbildung.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Math_Ausbildung.jpg
    Math_Ausbildung.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 708
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, lomidrevo, Wrichik Basu and 2 others
Screenshot_2019-02-12 comic folsom prism blues - Google Search.png
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2019-02-12 comic folsom prism blues - Google Search.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-12 comic folsom prism blues - Google Search.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,322
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg, DrClaude, nuuskur and 3 others
Wrichik Basu said:
It has been posted before in this thread. :wink:
Yeah, it's post #661. But I think it's good enough for a repeat. :smile:
 
Astronomers will get this one ...

Chuck Norris - Polar Align.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Chuck Norris - Polar Align.jpg
    Chuck Norris - Polar Align.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 768
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and Ibix
how planes fly.jpg
 

Attachments

  • how planes fly.jpg
    how planes fly.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 988
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, Klystron, DennisN and 6 others
I've seen a couple of PF threads where that could have been helpful. :oldtongue:
 
I must say that learning the fluid dynamics of flight didn't actually convince me it wasn't magic...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, Klystron and Wrichik Basu
Based on the sktech, for some reason, there is significantly more important magic at work on the right wing, but not on the left wing.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier and Ibix
nuuskur said:
Based on the sktech, for some reason, there is significantly more important magic at work on the right wing, but not on the left wing.
not so much the right rather than the left wing, but the leading edge of the wing compared to the trailing edge :wink:
Bandersnatch said:
I think it says wing tip magic is more important than wing flap magic.

exactly
 
Bandersnatch said:
I think it says wing tip magic is more important than wing flap magic.
Which one is Bernoulli? :wink:
 
My knowledge of general relativity is so immense* that it has collapsed into a black hole inside my brain. The knowledge density may be infinite at the singularity, but since the knowledge can't get out of the hole, I can't access it with the rest of my brain.

* It's not.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, Wrichik Basu and davenn
Ibix said:
I must say that learning the fluid dynamics of flight didn't actually convince me it wasn't magic...

Paraphrasing Arthur C. Clark, "Technology, sufficiently advanced, is indistinguishable from magic.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier, Stavros Kiri, davenn and 1 other person
Klystron said:
Paraphrasing Arthur C. Clark, "Technology, sufficiently advanced, is indistinguishable from magic.
The corollary: science that is distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier, Stavros Kiri, Wrichik Basu and 3 others
53313382_2081834558538206_1890270348838961152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq2-1.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 53313382_2081834558538206_1890270348838961152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq2-1.jpg
    53313382_2081834558538206_1890270348838961152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq2-1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 761
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Rive, Wrichik Basu and 3 others
I'd give my right arm for a parboiled chicken right now.
Try to avoid overcooking your hand.