Combine bluetooth transmitter in a school project

In summary: Using something like a Zigbee module to add Bluetooth to a project is the way to go. From a practical standpoint, using something like a Zigbee module to add Bluetooth to a project is the way to go.
reonem
hey
im in 11th grade and I am in a electorinc trend at school, we have to make a project for school and i want to combine bluetooth technology in it.
i looked i looked Through the internet for guilding- how it is built, are there any protocols, how to use / transmit/recive - everything.
so far i have found only few datasheets.
(the project has to be submitted next year)
anyone here knows a site that teaches this subject?

thanks a lot.

Engineering news on Phys.org
reonem said:
hey
im in 11th grade and I am in a electorinc trend at school, we have to make a project for school and i want to combine bluetooth technology in it.
i looked i looked Through the internet for guilding- how it is built, are there any protocols, how to use / transmit/recive - everything.
so far i have found only few datasheets.
(the project has to be submitted next year)
anyone here knows a site that teaches this subject?

thanks a lot.

Welcome to the PF.

Here is an Arduino microcontroller (uC) board with Bluetooth capability:

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardBluetooth

You could probably base your project on that module, and come up with some good IO that you can control via the BlueTooth wireless path.

And the Wikipedia intro tutorial to BlueTooth looks pretty good:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

hi
thanks but the circuit in arduino site is a completed one with a mini processor- i am looking for a guide that teaches how to build a circuit like this- how to transfer data through a bluetooth transmiter, how the radio waves works- do you know a site that teaches it or it is to comlicated to learn online?(if there is a site that teaches it is not matter if it is complicated)

reonem said:
hi
thanks but the circuit in arduino site is a completed one with a mini processor- i am looking for a guide that teaches how to build a circuit like this- how to transfer data through a bluetooth transmiter, how the radio waves works- do you know a site that teaches it or it is to comlicated to learn online?(if there is a site that teaches it is not matter if it is complicated)

The wikipedia page is a good place to start learning more. And if you follow the links out of that article, you can learn quite a bit more detail.

BlueTooth modules are available separately, so you don't need to buy it already combined with a uC. You probably are not going to be building a BlueTooth module yourself from scratch, though. At the very least, there are licensing requirements that you need to go through with the BlueTooth folks if you want to build something to their standard from scratch.

ahh ok
i got confused then
i thought the bluetooth is the method itself

is it possible to transmit data through short lengh radio wave with a home-made transmitter?

reonem said:
ahh ok
i got confused then
i thought the bluetooth is the method itself

is it possible to transmit data through short lengh radio wave with a home-made transmitter?

Yes, but see my post #12 in this other thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=611869

You have to be fairly skilled and have adequate test equipment in order to avoid causing EMI with your hand-built transmitters...

is it possible to generate a stable frequent without understanding the billion laws arround it such as Coulomb and Lenz's law (and about 20 more)?
if so what laws and principles are necessary to know and what arent(the explanations of wikipedia are too complicated)?

someone?

If you want to design a transmitter/receiver, you don't need to know the physics, but you must know how the electronic components work together.
(That makes sense in my head, but if it isn't clear, I'll try again.)

you mean like ready components that can transmit a signal?

reonem said:

Who are you responding to?

(It's easier to keep things straight within a message thread if you use the "quote" feature: Click the QUOTE button on the message you wish to reply to.)

pantaz said:
Who are you responding to?

(It's easier to keep things straight within a message thread if you use the "quote" feature: Click the QUOTE button on the message you wish to reply to.)

ah ok
i sent that message before to you

pantaz said:
If you want to design a transmitter/receiver, you don't need to know the physics, but you must know how the electronic components work together.
(That makes sense in my head, but if it isn't clear, I'll try again.)

reonem said:

I was specifically referring to discrete electronics -- resistors, capacitors, transistors, inductors, etc. If you buy a ready-made transmitter module, then you really aren't "designing" a transmitter.

From a practical standpoint, using something like a Zigbee module to add Bluetooth to a project is the way to go.

1. How does a Bluetooth transmitter work in a school project?

A Bluetooth transmitter works by sending out radio waves through a Bluetooth chip. These waves carry digital information, such as audio or data, to a nearby receiver, such as a phone or speaker. In a school project, a Bluetooth transmitter can be used to wirelessly transmit audio or data from one device to another.

2. What materials do I need to combine a Bluetooth transmitter in a school project?

To combine a Bluetooth transmitter in a school project, you will need a Bluetooth chip, a microcontroller (such as an Arduino), a power source, and any additional components based on your specific project requirements. You may also need a computer and coding software to program the microcontroller.

3. Can I use a Bluetooth transmitter to control devices in my school project?

Yes, a Bluetooth transmitter can be used to control devices in a school project as long as the devices have a Bluetooth receiver or are connected to a microcontroller with a Bluetooth module. This allows for wireless control of devices, making it a convenient and efficient option for school projects.

4. What are the benefits of using a Bluetooth transmitter in a school project?

Using a Bluetooth transmitter in a school project allows for wireless communication between devices, reducing the need for messy and limited wired connections. It also provides a more convenient and efficient way to control devices, as well as the ability to transmit audio and data without the need for physical connection.

5. Are there any limitations to using a Bluetooth transmitter in a school project?

One limitation of using a Bluetooth transmitter in a school project is the range of communication. Bluetooth has a limited range of up to 30 feet, depending on the environment. Additionally, the number of devices that can be connected to a Bluetooth transmitter at once may be limited. It is important to consider these limitations when designing and implementing a project using a Bluetooth transmitter.