Come on PFers, I need your shoe size

  • Thread starter Thread starter PRodQuanta
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
82 replies · 12K views
PRodQuanta
Messages
341
Reaction score
0
Hey. Just doing a little diddy for math class. Just tell me your shoe size. Just some statistics stuff, if you're wondering.

Paden Roder
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
8US, i don't know about UK size
i'm a guy
 
Last edited:
Yes, good point. In US sizes. State if you are a male or a woman also.

Paden Roder
 
I'm male and my shoe size is 13 c.
 
Male 10.5

Do you need ages also? Seems like the age spread will make a difference in your statistics...
 
That's funny. :smile:
Male, 12.5 US, 24yrs old

Hey guys, what's your :rolleyes: forget it :biggrin:
 
enigma said:Do you need ages also? Seems like the age spread will make a difference in your statistics...
Nope. I just need 20 numbers. So keep em comin!

Dealing w/ histograms if you must know.

Paden Roder
 
female 8 US (my mother always said "if you run around barefoot, you'll get big feet), she was right, she wears a size 6. :frown:

Whew, Boulderhead, I can smell your feet over here, put those shoes back on!
 
Male, 9 US. I propose we herewith refer to humanino as "Bigfoot".

(though I'm sure he'd prefer Big#### :wink:)
 
Last edited:
Evo said:
Whew, Boulderhead, I can smell your feet over here, put those shoes back on!
My appologies *it wasn't my feet*. :smile:
 
Gokul43201 said:
Male, 9 US. I propose we herewith refer to humanino as "Bigfoot".
Hey :mad:
selfAdjoint is more ridiculous than me :-p
 
humanino said:
Hey :mad:
selfAdjoint is more ridiculous than me :-p

Whoops, missed that but I'd dare not mess with a mentor ! :-p
 
Evo said:
female 8 US

Cool, Evo! We can trade! :cool: :biggrin:
I have a date Saturday and I need some strappy black sling-backs. Got anything like that?
 
Math Is Hard said:
Cool, Evo! We can trade! :cool: :biggrin:
I have a date Saturday and I need some strappy black sling-backs. Got anything like that?
Yes, I do! They're covered with cat hair, is that ok?
 
You know, I really don't know my shoe size. I went with one pair of boots for about ten years, and since then I've been given a new pair, and the shoe shop person fitted me for some nice leather shoes. Oh, and I have thongs, what you might call flip-flops in the USA. I haven't had to check sizes and such since about 1992. I could go and look at the size on the bottom of my shoes, but that would be too much effort.
 
Evo said:
Yes, I do! They're covered with cat hair, is that ok?

Purrrrrfect! If he's allergic to cat hair, then I'll know he's not a keeper!
 
Math Is Hard said:
Purrrrrfect! If he's allergic to cat hair, then I'll know he's not a keeper!
My sentiments exactly! :approve:
 
Adam said:
Oh, and I have thongs, ...

Thong, eh ? :biggrin: You learn something everyday ! :-p
 
mine is 39 :-p

ok, write down 8 :wink: I remember I was in the US and went bowling with collegues and didn't have a clue what my size was, so I just picked the same size as the girl next to me.. she was a size 5! :rolleyes: :smile: had to go back and get a somewhat bigger shoe :-p
 
Last edited:
Thongs being a slab of rubber under the foot, held in place by a Y-shaped rubber strap across the front of the foot and between the first and second toes.
 
Adam said:
Oh, and I have thongs, what you might call flip-flops in the USA.

I like to call them slippers.
 
Male, 10 US.

I still remember that Paul McCartney song from the early 1970s, where he sang "I can smell your feet a mile away..."
 
Male, size 11.

While we're on the topic of smelly feet lyrics, how bout some Lou Reed:

Yesterday Daisy May and Biff
Were groovin' on the street
And just like in a movie,
Her hands became her feet
Her belly button was her mouth
Which meant she tasted what she'd speak, woooh!
But the funny thing is what happened to her nose, oooh
It grew until it reached all of her toes, oooh
Now when people say her feet smell, they mean her nose