Commanding 2 Transistors with one one command circuit

In summary, the conversation discussed a possible solution for controlling two transistors, T1 and T2, using a comparator and a sinusoidal and triangular signal as inputs. The suggested solution involves using T1 to invert the control signal for T2, possibly with the use of an inverting op-amp or asynchronous J-K flip flop. This would allow for T1 and T2 to switch on and off at the same time, minimizing any delay in their outputs.
mdpai
Hi to all,

I know how to command a transistor, using a comparator with a sinusoidal and a triangular signal as inputs.

But let say I have two transistors, T1 and T2. Using the same command, I want that when T1 is ON, so T2 is OFF. vice versa. How can I achieve this?

Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
One possible solution is to use T1 to invert the control signal into T2.

You could use an inverting op-amp to invert the control signal between the comparator and T2. If you are using a comparator as the input though, you may want to use an asycronous J-K flip flop between the comparator and the two transistors as this will not cause a propagation delay in the output of T2, thus causing the outputs of T1 and T2 change at nearly the same time.

Last edited:

1. How does commanding 2 transistors with one command circuit work?

Commanding 2 transistors with one command circuit involves using a single control signal to activate both transistors simultaneously. This can be achieved by connecting the transistors in parallel, so that the same signal controls both of them.

2. What are the advantages of commanding 2 transistors with one command circuit?

The main advantage of this approach is that it simplifies the circuit design and reduces the number of components needed. It also allows for faster response times since both transistors are activated at the same time.

3. Can any type of transistor be used for commanding 2 transistors with one command circuit?

Yes, any type of transistor can be used as long as they have the same specifications and can handle the same amount of current. It is important to ensure that the transistors are well-matched to avoid any imbalances in the circuit.

4. Are there any limitations to commanding 2 transistors with one command circuit?

One limitation is that this approach only works for circuits that require the same control signal for both transistors. It may not be suitable for more complex circuits where different control signals are needed for each transistor.

5. How can I troubleshoot issues with commanding 2 transistors with one command circuit?

If the circuit is not functioning properly, it is important to check the connections and ensure that the transistors are well-matched. It may also be helpful to use a multimeter to test the voltage and current at different points in the circuit to identify any potential issues.