Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Configuration you will advise for memory distribution

1. Mar 21, 2006 #1
    In particular which configuration you will advise for memory distribution and in particular i am always puzzled by this cache memory:confused:
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2006 #2

Science Advisor

You need to be more specific about what you want to do and what you want to know. That's a pretty ambiguous post.
  4. Mar 23, 2006 #3
    yeah....you are right ,,but now my query is pacified,Thanks
  5. Apr 15, 2006 #4
    What exactly are you asking for?

Here is an answer about cache memory if you were wondering: http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid5_gci211730,00.html

Cache is basically a temporary bank of recent information (for the most part). It's size and speed varies, but as you can tell, having information stored in cache helps because it's easier/faster to access redundant information for example (which is why when you open certain programs, it's usually faster opening the program the second time around and so on until the cache is cleared).

However, about the memory distribution, I am unclear about what you are talking about.
  6. Apr 17, 2006 #5
    there is actually a pyramid sort of thing which is formed...in which d-ram comes on top and cd rom comes down below..
  7. Apr 17, 2006 #6

Science Advisor

Actually, the processor's registers are on top i believe.
  8. Apr 18, 2006 #7
    yeah you are right..
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?