Conflict? ignorance, greed or other

• Thread starter force5
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ignorance
In summary, conflict can arise from various sources such as greed, ignorance, fear, differences, and lack of empathy or understanding for others. It can also be seen as a natural part of human nature, driven by habits and the need for adaptation and evolution. However, when people are unwilling to listen or understand each other, conflicts can escalate and cause harm. Ultimately, to achieve harmony and perfection, it is important to unify and strive towards empathy and understanding.
force5
Conflict?...ignorance, greed or other

What do you think is the #1 cause of conflict?

I would say it's greed, with ignorance comming in second.

Physics news on Phys.org
Conflict is this. 2 or more people making a colinear line.
Conflict resolution is taking this colinear line a converting it to a plane. A plane it three non-colinear planar(on a plane)points.

My proof is a wolf. A wolf makes a line to you, for oh say ten miles long walk though flat open territory. This is conflict/potential for conflict.

Take that same wolf and let them drink cold water from a stream ten miles from you, passive and non-aggressive, and you see the wolf's focus is on the plane, not you.

Same with people. Women are the glory of men, they are brilliant in presentation. If 1000 women followed you on a open plane like wolves for 1o miles, stalking you. There is a colinear line motion.

Take those same 1000 woman and play a concert and the wolf like stalking isn't there. It's about open, free, beauty, and lovilness.

In short. We are wolves - colinear.
Or we are sheep - Non-colinear, and peaceful.

This is important.

now see, i always take this type of posit and make it personal.

to me, conflict is when i am confused. i have several choices and do not know, easily, which decision to make. i am in conflict. funny, but this confusion also happens when reality fails to meet an expectation.

on the social level, i see more conflict arise from fear. now, it may be that we fear not getting our share or losing the share we got. this has it's roots in greed, but it is fear that motivates the conflict. ignorance or arrogance seems to go back to fear. fear that i do not know what to do OR i will prove I'm right by removing the opposing view (fear of being exposed).

as with los lobos above, if i do not fear the wolf, i don't care where he is.

love&peace,
olde drunk

Love of conflict is my first pick, reasons being probably a child will choose negative stimulation or punishment over lack of adequate stimulation, this I suspect probably sets up the building of a warrior type mind set great for probably killing the enemies and probably knows no fear and probably loves pain, bad if we run out of enemies, the correlary reason to this is that emotions probably find there own ways of feeding themselves in that sometimes we create our own enemies or probems if there aren't any, probably,in this i think the human species is particulary strange in that we have a need for pain or challenge or conflict probably without it we might not be able to find the good as easily in something that is at first bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The number 1 and root of conflicts are differences. Two tyrants are the same and battle it off, what are the differences? Tyrant 1 wants power to himself and so does tyrant 2. So even if the same the differences are still there.

it is when no one is willing to listen or trys to undertand the other parties. each one trys to defend themselves and convince the other parties that he/she is right. the other does the same. nobody gets nowhere. worse and worse it becomes.

Enos said:
The number 1 and root of conflicts are differences. Two tyrants are the same and battle it off, what are the differences? Tyrant 1 wants power to himself and so does tyrant 2. So even if the same the differences are still there.

I think "differences" is synonymous with "conflict"?

By Leong
it is when no one is willing to listen or trys to undertand the other parties. each one trys to defend themselves and convince the other parties that he/she is right. the other does the same. nobody gets nowhere. worse and worse it becomes.

Is this the "cause" of conflict or an example of conflict?

People can have their differences and have no conflicts yet people can't have conflicts without conflicts.

Habits, greed and all those other negative emotions are merely bad habits. Of course, people also have good habits, but without habits of any sort there would not be conflict. The natural tendency of everyone and everything would be towards harmony, to accept whatever life brings.

force5 said:
I think "differences" is synonymous with "conflict"?

By Leong

Is this the "cause" of conflict or an example of conflict?

i think it is the cause; like Enos said people can have differences and have no conflicts, is it when each other realize that there is a need to understand each other to avoid any conflicts?

One good thing is conflict tends to spur adaptation or evolution, but then it also kills.
I don't think if everyone practiced the philosophy of selfishness and greed and deception by any means for personal gain this country would last long though and if everyone were peaceful and selfless it would probably be a stagnation like the dark ages. I change my mind, greed is probably the primary cause of conflict that combined with lack of empathy or understanding for others is probably a fair formula for material success.

Reason why I say differences cause conflicts is because I looked way back before we existed. Before almost everything existed around when matter and anti-matter conflicted.

I questioned myself and existence and asked the question "If everything is all the same, then why is everything so different?"
After spacing out in my room for awhile the answer came to me. What can make the same matter conflict with each other. So I took the effects of groups into consideration.

To reach perfection you must adapt and unify. Now we can never reach ultimate perfection while something esle exist. Now how can we reach perfection if we have enemys and obstacles. So that's where unification comes into place if one does not want to unify with your ways you must force unification.

So groups take effect to create these differences right away when only matter and anti-matter were battling it off. So when matter was left to find only matter they began to unify and some unified faster then other matter. After there were different groups between matter that's when conflicts came to matter vs matter.

I am saying differences are the root of all conflicts but I noticed that some of you speak of the cause of human conflicts. But the same applies to human conflicts also. Hope I don't seem too confusing because it all makes sense in my head and english isn't my first language.

what force5 is asking is really subjective. and there will always be other point of views. subjective things can't just have only one answer; can never be as simple like a mathematics equation, this equation is true or that equation is wrong. and every opinion given could have been the answers. i could have searched the whole universe and came out with a never ending list of evidence to prove what i had said was true; that it was the only answer. sometimes, being right is so tempting that it seems to be really important. and if i was doing that, i have already fallen into a trap of conflict; and i will really be ashame of myself; wrote one things but did a different one. :rofl:

Well our minds are influenced by these differences and the same drive to perfection. I wasn't suggesting that there is only one answer but just saying that it is the root answer. So I may believe that my answer is root but the root is also a part of the tree.

Sorry if I seemed like I was writing for reasons other then just sharing my views because I felt my first statement didn't give any reasons at all. I am a peaceful person and would not want to force unification and be some kind of belief tyrant.

force5 said:
What do you think is the #1 cause of conflict?

I would say it's greed, with ignorance comming in second.

Two true ideas, or two ideas believed to be true, wishing to occupy the same place at the same time.

Testosterone surely has something to do with it. Sure I know that female rulers have been just as bloody-minded as men (Cleopatra, Irene of Byzantium, Queen Bess, even Mrs Thatcher). But they were atop governments made of testosterone bearers, and like the person who rides the tiger, they couldn't use feminine compromise.

1. What is the main cause of conflict?

The main cause of conflict can vary depending on the situation, but some of the most common root causes include ignorance, greed, power imbalances, and differences in values or beliefs.

2. How does ignorance contribute to conflict?

Ignorance can contribute to conflict in several ways. It can lead to misunderstandings and misinterpretations, as well as a lack of empathy and understanding for others' perspectives. It can also perpetuate stereotypes and discrimination, which can fuel conflicts between individuals or groups.

3. Is greed a major factor in conflicts?

Yes, greed can be a major contributing factor to conflicts. When individuals or groups prioritize their own self-interests and desires over the needs and rights of others, it can lead to tensions and disputes. This can be seen in conflicts over resources, land, and power.

4. Can conflicts be resolved by addressing underlying causes of ignorance and greed?

Addressing the underlying causes of ignorance and greed can certainly help in resolving conflicts. By promoting education and understanding, and addressing issues of inequality and injustice, we can work towards reducing the ignorance and greed that often fuel conflicts.

5. How can we prevent conflicts caused by ignorance and greed?

Preventing conflicts caused by ignorance and greed requires a multifaceted approach. This can include promoting education and empathy, addressing systemic issues that perpetuate inequality and greed, and promoting open and respectful communication between individuals and groups. It also involves addressing root causes such as poverty and unequal distribution of resources.