Congruent equality - how to prove?

• Thread starter AntonVrba
  • Start date
In summary: I really needed that laugh today!In summary, the following inequality holds: b^{2p-4}\equiv\mbox{x (mod p)}\Longleftrightarrow b^{p-3}\equiv\mbox{x (mod p)}
AntonVrba
If [itex]p [/itex] is a prime or psuedo-prime base [itex]b [/itex] then the following equality holds for all values [itex]\mbox{p , b} [/itex], but how to prove it?

[itex]b^{2p-4}\equiv\mbox{x (mod p)}\Longleftrightarrow b^{p-3}\equiv\mbox{x (mod p)}[/itex]

we are talking about one and the same value for [itex]x [/itex] in the above two congruencies.

Your help would be appreciated - thanks and regards

Physics news on Phys.org
AntonVrba said:
If [itex]p [/itex] is a prime or psuedo-prime base [itex]b [/itex] then the following equality holds for all values [itex]\mbox{p , b} [/itex], but how to prove it?

[itex]b^{2p-4}\equiv\mbox{x (mod p)}\Longleftrightarrow b^{p-3}\equiv\mbox{x (mod p)}[/itex]

we are talking about one and the same value for [itex]x [/itex] in the above two congruencies.

Your help would be appreciated - thanks and regards
This reminds me of a math Joke

The less you know, the more you make.
Proof:

Postulate 1: Knowledge is Power.
Postulate 2: Time is Money.
As every engineer knows: Power = Work / Time
And since Knowledge = Power and Time = Money
It is therefore true that Knowledge = Work / Money .
Solving for Money, we get:
Money = Work / Knowledge
Thus, as Knowledge approaches zero, Money approaches infinity,
regardless of the amount of Work done.

Another way to get this is that since equals divided by equals (not 0) are equal, then Money/Time = Power/Knowledge or
Money = Power*Time/Knowledge = Work/Knowledge.

Do you know Fermat's Little Theorm?

ramsey2879 said:
This reminds me of a math Joke

The less you know, the more you make.
Thus, as Knowledge approaches zero, Money approaches infinity,
regardless of the amount of Work done.

Do you know Fermat's Little Theorm?

Love your joke :rofl: - by your theory I should be rich - alas - far from it :frown: .

Yes I know Fermats small theorem

Mod(5^(13-3),13) = Mod(5^10,13) = 5
Mod(5^(26-4),13) = Mod(5^22,13) = 5

And Fermats Little theorom

Mod(5^13,13) = 5 or Mod(5^12,13)=1

Ok now I see - Mod(5^22,13)=Mod(5^10,13)*Mod(5^12,13) (a=b(mod c) implies k a=k b(mod c))

Thanks for the joke

1. What is the definition of congruent equality?

Congruent equality refers to the concept that two shapes or figures have the same size and shape, and therefore are equal in all aspects. It is represented by the symbol ≅.

2. How do you prove congruent equality?

Congruent equality can be proven using various methods such as side-angle-side (SAS), angle-side-angle (ASA), side-side-side (SSS), and hypotenuse-leg (HL) postulates or theorems. These methods involve comparing the corresponding sides and angles of two shapes to show that they are congruent.

3. Can congruent equality be applied to all shapes and figures?

Yes, congruent equality can be applied to all shapes and figures as long as they have the same size and shape. This includes 2D shapes such as triangles, rectangles, and circles, as well as 3D shapes such as cubes, spheres, and cylinders.

4. What is the importance of proving congruent equality?

Proving congruent equality is important in geometry and other mathematical fields as it helps to establish the relationship between different shapes and figures. It also allows for the accurate measurement and comparison of different objects.

5. Are there any real-life applications of congruent equality?

Yes, congruent equality has many real-life applications, especially in fields such as architecture, engineering, and design. It is used to ensure that structures and objects are built with precise measurements and symmetry, resulting in stronger and more aesthetically pleasing designs.