Conservation of Momentum of a bomb shell
- Thread starter heycoa
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
41 replies · 13K views
Physics news on Phys.org
heycoa
- 73
- 0
so the direction of p0 is in the x-direction, and p1 is in the y-direction?
heycoa
- 73
- 0
well p2=v2*m
and when i solve for v2 i get 2*v0(x hat) + v0(y hat)
and when i solve for v2 i get 2*v0(x hat) + v0(y hat)
heycoa
- 73
- 0
Then it should be minus the second term (-m*v0*yhat), right?
heycoa
- 73
- 0
for v2 i get 2*v0(x hat) + v0(y hat)
i calculated the magnitude to be v2=v0*sqrt(5)
does this appear to be correct?
i calculated the magnitude to be v2=v0*sqrt(5)
does this appear to be correct?
heycoa
- 73
- 0
Ok excellent!
So I apparently need to read these questions more carefully and define my coordinate systems.
I can't thank you enough for taking the time and having the patience to work with and follow up with me. Thank you very much
So I apparently need to read these questions more carefully and define my coordinate systems.
I can't thank you enough for taking the time and having the patience to work with and follow up with me. Thank you very much
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 11,986
- 1,584
You're welcome.heycoa said:Ok excellent!
So I apparently need to read these questions more carefully and define my coordinate systems.
I can't thank you enough for taking the time and having the patience to work with and follow up with me. Thank you very much
I hope I wasn't being too difficult at times.
heycoa
- 73
- 0
no you're great! :)
Similar threads
- TheGreatDeadOne
- · Replies 15 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 15
- hisiks
- · Replies 5 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 5
- resurgance2001
- · Replies 2 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 2
- TheGreatDeadOne
- · Replies 4 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 4
- chris25
- · Replies 2 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 2
- SMOKEYWC
- · Replies 10 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 10
- bruceleereview
- · Replies 12 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 12
- Ascendant0
- · Replies 2 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 2
- Spector989
- · Replies 19 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 19
- songoku
- · Replies 10 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 10