1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Control problem. Transfer function of an electrical system

1. Aug 14, 2010 #1

1. Electrical system given. Find a transfer function. Correct answer UR(s)/U(s)=1/(s+2)

2. My attempt
    Use Kirchhoff's voltage law u(t)-i(t)*R1-UR(t)=0; u(t)=i(t)R1+uR(t); apply Laplace Transform (L.T.) U(s)=I(s)R1+UR(s)

i(t)=i1(t)+i2(t)=1/L*[tex]\int[/tex]uR(t) dt+uR(t)/R2; take a L.T. assuming zero initial conditions I(s)=1/(L*s)*UR(s)+UR(s)/R2=UR(s)[1/(L*s)+1/R2]; since L=R1=R2=1 I(s)=UR(s)*(1/s+1); UR(s)=I(s)/(1/s+1)

Where am I making a mistake?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2010 #2
    I'm not going to look through your nonlatex work but I'll post a set up that should be correct.

4. Aug 28, 2010 #3
    I am assuming you are using the Kirchhoff's current law?

I agree with everything, except the frac [tex]\frac{u_R(t)}{sL}[/tex].Can you, please explain, how does this results in current? How can you have a time domain function in the numerator and a frequency variable in the denominator?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook