1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Converging/diverging lense/mirrors, object in different places, image?

1. May 25, 2014 #1
    I have tried to search everywhere, but cannot find answer to this: does anyone know if there is a table etc. of what kind of images lenses and concave/convex mirrors produce with object in different places (real or virtual image, image magnification, upright/inverted), including virtual objects? It is easy to find sites showing what happens when object is in front of lense/mirror, but not virtual objects.

For example, if its a converging lense, and object is < f, lense produces magnified upright virtual image.

There is some kind of applet (http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/index.php?topic=48.0) whuch might give the answer, but I cannot open it with my computer :/

This could be done by pend and paper of course, but I have a big entrance exam day after tomorrow and I do not simply have time so I would just memorize these quickly :(

Thank you so much for your help!

2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2014 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Welcome to PF;
    ... you can work these out for yourself using ray optics.
    So no - you won't find a comprehensive table for them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook