Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Converting derivative into integral

1. Mar 28, 2012 #1
    Hi,

I need to ask a very basic question and am very weak at calculus. I have an equation d(B)/dt=Q/K. Where K is a constant and Q is a function of time. B is the variable, which when differentiated w.r.t. time gives the Q. I want to convert this equation into integral form. Can anyone help me out on this? I will really really appreciate any help! Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2012 #2
    hoping this will help you :

Attached Files:

4. Mar 28, 2012 #3

chiro

Science Advisor

Hey zealous131 and welcome to the forums.

Does Q only involve time (t) or does it also involve B? If the answer is no then JJacquelin has provided a very good outline of what to do. If not, then you will need to state how B is involved in with Q. If you don't understand what I'm saying and you've only been told that Q is a function of t (i.e. Q(t)) then don't worry about my advice (but keep it in mind later on if you have to solve things like this).

5. Mar 28, 2012 #4
    Thanks a lot JJacquelin for providing me the solution. I really apreciate it! Thanks Chiro for your valuable comment, Q is only a function of time and doesnt depend on B so that makes ife easier. I will definitely keep the point you've mantioned. Thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook