Converting Moles of Iron to kg: Net Charge Calculation

  • Thread starter Thread starter pat666
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ir Moles
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
pat666
Messages
703
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A piece of solid Iron contains 2.5moles of atoms. Whats its mass? suppose one atom in 10^12 were missing one electron, what would be the net charge of the iron?

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


atomic mass 192.22u
so mass should be 2.5*192.22 = 480.55g but the answer is 139.6g. I suck at chem and don't have a clue where I went wrong?

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Why Ir? Read the text, it is about Iron.

ehild
 
Yeah I was thinking that Ir was Iron that's where I got the bad value from.
 
Ir is Iridium, Iron is Fe (Ferrum).

ehild