1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cosmology books for high school students

1. Mar 1, 2015 #1
    Is there any book, on cosmology, or anything related (Not too deep) recommended for a high school students interest basis.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2015 #2
    PopSci or Textbook?

4. Mar 1, 2015 #3
    Ian Morison's "Introduction to Astronomy and Cosmology". High school mathematics and covers a wide range of topics.

5. Mar 1, 2015 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

6. Mar 10, 2015 #5

CalcNerd

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

365 Starry nights. Casual Astronomy book, but has lots of interesting information and diagrams.

7. Apr 7, 2015 #6
    A non mathematical introduction written as an intro for High School students is in the Greenwood Guides to the Universe, Cosmology and the Evolution of the Universe. The e-book version is better value.

8. Apr 8, 2015 #7

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

A great popular book, perhaps somewhat outdated, is

S. Weinberg, The first Three Minutes

9. May 1, 2015 #8
    Thanks, a lot for the help. I read 4 of them and they were very great. I found universe in a nutshell, also pretty great. :) I will read the first three minutes next week :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted