Cost of high capacity compressors ($/kW)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
A2K2
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello -

I was looking at costs of compressors online and could find a couple of links that provided me $ for the power I was looking at. As the power increases, $/kW decreased. The range of kW that these websites could give me cost for was well below what I was looking at.
Can someone help me with the cost of a compressor with a capacity of 4 MW. The likes of GE axial compressors that are used for Petroleum or Power applications.

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Equipment of that size doesn't come with a price tag in a catalog. You'll need to speak directly to an equipment vendor and get a quote.

That said, I'd be surprised if the efficiency increases much once you get above a few tens of kW in size - the theoretical maximum efficiency is a matter of thermodynamics.