Criticality calculation of an homogeneous finite reactor

Please,I am working on the criticality calculation of an homogeneous finite cylindrical reactor core using four-group diffusion equations. I have been able to discretize the multigroup diffusion equations using the finite difference method(FED). But

I am stocked on the iterative method to solve the linear equations using matlab. Thanks

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I'm assuming one is doing this in a 2D geometry.

Has one studied an example of a 2D 2-group system?

yes sir, it is a 2D geometry which entails r and z, but most examples i have come by are mostly 1D and very few 2D(x and y) 2-group system

please, I wanted to upload my sets of equations on the forum, but I couldn't. How can I display my set of discretized equations

thank you sir, I have been able to attached the document

please I am stocked on how to use an iterative method(gauss-seidel or SOR method) to solve the linear equations using matlab with the above attached pdf document. Thanks

I think you will have to program the Gauss-Seidel method yourself. I recall that it was straightforward in FORTRAN, but should be doable in MATLAB.

Yes I want to programme it using the Gauss- Seidel method, but i need an algorithm or the calculation strategy well explicit that I can use to calculate the criticality calculation. Thanks