Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Criticality calculation of an homogeneous finite reactor

1. Jan 20, 2016 #1
    Please,I am working on the criticality calculation of an homogeneous finite cylindrical reactor core using four-group diffusion equations. I have been able to discretize the multigroup diffusion equations using the finite difference method(FED). But

I am stocked on the iterative method to solve the linear equations using matlab. Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2016 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I'm assuming one is doing this in a 2D geometry.

Has one studied an example of a 2D 2-group system?

4. Jan 21, 2016 #3
    yes sir, it is a 2D geometry which entails r and z, but most examples i have come by are mostly 1D and very few 2D(x and y) 2-group system

5. Feb 6, 2016 #4
    please, I wanted to upload my sets of equations on the forum, but I couldn't. How can I display my set of discretized equations

6. Feb 6, 2016 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

7. Feb 8, 2016 #6
    PLEASE FIND ATTACHED

Attached Files:

8. Feb 8, 2016 #7
    thank you sir, I have been able to attached the document

9. Feb 12, 2016 #8
    please I am stocked on how to use an iterative method(gauss-seidel or SOR method) to solve the linear equations using matlab with the above attached pdf document. Thanks

10. Feb 14, 2016 #9
    I think you will have to program the Gauss-Seidel method yourself. I recall that it was straightforward in FORTRAN, but should be doable in MATLAB.

11. Feb 18, 2016 #10
    Yes I want to programme it using the Gauss- Seidel method, but i need an algorithm or the calculation strategy well explicit that I can use to calculate the criticality calculation. Thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook