Criticality calculation of an homogeneous finite reactor

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 3K views
Babatunde22
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Please,I am working on the criticality calculation of an homogeneous finite cylindrical reactor core using four-group diffusion equations. I have been able to discretize the multigroup diffusion equations using the finite difference method(FED). But

I am stocked on the iterative method to solve the linear equations using matlab. Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm assuming one is doing this in a 2D geometry.

Has one studied an example of a 2D 2-group system?
 
yes sir, it is a 2D geometry which entails r and z, but most examples i have come by are mostly 1D and very few 2D(x and y) 2-group system
 
please, I wanted to upload my sets of equations on the forum, but I couldn't. How can I display my set of discretized equations
 
thank you sir, I have been able to attached the document
 
please I am stocked on how to use an iterative method(gauss-seidel or SOR method) to solve the linear equations using MATLAB with the above attached pdf document. Thanks
 
I think you will have to program the Gauss-Seidel method yourself. I recall that it was straightforward in FORTRAN, but should be doable in MATLAB.
 
Yes I want to programme it using the Gauss- Seidel method, but i need an algorithm or the calculation strategy well explicit that I can use to calculate the criticality calculation. Thanks