Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

CScript.exe opens automatically

Tags:
  1. Aug 26, 2015 #1

Titan97

Gold Member

When I switched on my laptop yesterday, a window opened automatically with a name :
    "C:\Windows\system32\Cscript.exe". It now happens every time I restart my laptop. Is this because of some computer virus or should I just ignore it ? (My laptop is 5 years old and runs on Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit)
    Here is a picture:

PFC.PNG

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2015 #2
    CScript runs .vbs files, which are Windows script files. That probably means there is some script executing when you startup your pc. I'd recommend looking at msconfig to see what script it is, because it could be a virus (unlikely if you have an antivirus installed though).

4. Jun 27, 2016 #3
    I can see 'MTS MBlaze' Logo in your screenshot.....

I too encountered this problem, I isolated the problem to the startup service 'CheckNDISPort' which was related to the MTS MBlaze program on my computer. It's not a virus, nothing to worry about. You can stop this from occurring by unchecking the startup service called 'CheckNDISPort' in the startup tab in the System Configuration Utility. It doesn't harm your computer if you keep it checked.

To go for Startup Services:

Start->Run->type 'msconfig'->OK - The "System Configuration" Window pops up, go for 'Startup' tab & uncheck 'CheckNDISPort' or whichever services/programs that you may want to stop from starting as soon as you switch on your computer.

Regards,
    ChithraSPR

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted