CScript.exe opens automatically

Titan97
Gold Member
When I switched on my laptop yesterday, a window opened automatically with a name :
"C:\Windows\system32\Cscript.exe". It now happens every time I restart my laptop. Is this because of some computer virus or should I just ignore it ? (My laptop is 5 years old and runs on Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit)
Here is a picture:

PFC.PNG

Answers and Replies

CScript runs .vbs files, which are Windows script files. That probably means there is some script executing when you startup your pc. I'd recommend looking at msconfig to see what script it is, because it could be a virus (unlikely if you have an antivirus installed though).

Likes Titan97
I can see 'MTS MBlaze' Logo in your screenshot.....

I too encountered this problem, I isolated the problem to the startup service 'CheckNDISPort' which was related to the MTS MBlaze program on my computer. It's not a virus, nothing to worry about. You can stop this from occurring by unchecking the startup service called 'CheckNDISPort' in the startup tab in the System Configuration Utility. It doesn't harm your computer if you keep it checked.

To go for Startup Services:

Start->Run->type 'msconfig'->OK - The "System Configuration" Window pops up, go for 'Startup' tab & uncheck 'CheckNDISPort' or whichever services/programs that you may want to stop from starting as soon as you switch on your computer.

Regards,
ChithraSPR

Last edited:
Likes Titan97
Hey guys actually I am facing the same problem, I did a full system scan with Quick heal and it doesn't show any suspicious files or folders. As ChitraSPR said I also checked for the CheckNDISPort service in the startup, BUT it doesn't show up in the list.
PLEASE HELP.