Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

CSS3 and HTML5 generator program?

1. Aug 22, 2015 #1
    I'm looking for a program or an IDE which generates HTML5 and CSS3 (Would be better if it could generate some javascript too) any suggestions ?
    I saw some websites like : css3generator.com
    They are good but i want something that i can use offline and easily accessible

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 22, 2015 #2
    I assume you want free? Otherwise programs like Dreamweaver is an industry standard

4. Aug 22, 2015 #3
    Are you sure Dreamweaver has generators like these websites ?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  5. Aug 22, 2015 #4

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Those programs cannot do magic, you still have to tell them what the website should have. In particular, how can a program know which JS code you want if you don't write the code - apart from a few standard things maybe?

6. Aug 22, 2015 #5
    Can you rephrase this?

7. Aug 22, 2015 #6
    Sorry my english isn't so good
    Are you sure Deamweaver has such features ? I worked with the 2014 version in my friends computer for a few minutes i didn't see such things..

8. Aug 22, 2015 #7
    I just want to use the code for appearance not a special function or something

9. Aug 22, 2015 #8

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Then why would you need javascript?

10. Aug 22, 2015 #9

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

You did not see that Dreamweaver generates HTML? What DID you see it do?

EDIT: Hint ... whatever you THINK you saw, what you saw was it generating HTML. Since 2011 it has generated HTML5

11. Aug 22, 2015 #10
    I'm just a beginner and havent tried javascript yet so i dont understand it properly ...
    I just want to make sure that i am going to use a good IDE to continue my practicing
    I used visual studio code its good for small programs but not for bigger programs

12. Aug 22, 2015 #11
    If you only at a beginner stage you would be better off making small projects anyway.
    You will want to be able to understand what the various technologies actually do and practice with manual coding and debugging at first.
    If you can't do that even for a simple web site you won't have much hope maintaining code generated by dreamweaver and other developer studio packages.

13. Aug 22, 2015 #12
    I think you need to clearly define what you intend to do and read up on Dreamweaver, because the program is for web design. That is its purpose.

14. Aug 23, 2015 #13
    I am practicing PHP and c# for now . I understand what exactly html and CSS do and how they work but i dont have enough time to work on them too
    So i need something that generates a code for my pages appearance without me needing to mess around with the code

15. Aug 23, 2015 #14
    Dreamweaver will basically allow you to create your webpage visually like a word document (but much much better). You'll be able to edit the actual code if you want and when you need to add the PHP.

16. Aug 26, 2015 #15

harborsparrow

Gold Member

Microsoft Expression Web (v4) is free and can be configured to do that. It is my favorite web-dev tool these days. It is also elegant and straightforward to use.

17. Aug 26, 2015 #16

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

But isn't it limited to Microsoft servers, whereas most web servers run on UNIX / LINUX / APACHE / ETC (i.e. non-Microsoft) or is my understanding out of date ?

18. Aug 26, 2015 #17

harborsparrow

Gold Member

Microsoft Expression Web is an editor, and it generates standard code. Visual Studio also generates standard code, and is more up-to-date. The code can then be moved to any type of server.

19. Aug 26, 2015 #18

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Ah. I thought it generated some ASP.NET code and was limited to Microsoft. Thanks. (I realize the HTML is universal)

20. Aug 26, 2015 #19
    Yeah that is Visual Studio

21. Aug 26, 2015 #20

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I just remember the early stuff I read about it said it generated ASP.NET code (in addition to HTML), which I already knew was VS (which I use) and since I wasn't interested in Microsoft-only server code, I ignored it from then on.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook