Curious about Quantam Computers

In summary: If you are interested in hacking & cyber security, this might be a good field to pursue. However, I don't think it is necessary for pursuing a career in quantum computing.
Anna021985
Hello
iam very much curious about Quantam Computers
i want to know that How sholud i proceed to pursue a career in quantam computing
what is the requirement and eligiblity & what role will todays Computer scientists,Engineers,
& experts will play in the Quantam era.
what Kind of programming will it take to Build a QC ,
i would also like to know that in what areas i should develop my interest,iam also interested in Hacking & Cyber security so will this is going to help me in Quantam computing.

I searched the internet for all my answers but i was not convinced so i decided to write this.

I hope someone will reply

Physics news on Phys.org
Anna021985 said:
Hello
i want to know that How sholud i proceed to pursue a career in quantam computing
what is the requirement and eligiblity & what role will todays Computer scientists,Engineers,
& experts will play in the Quantam era.
what Kind of programming will it take to Build a QC ,
i would also like to know that in what areas i should develop my interest,iam also interested in Hacking & Cyber security so will this is going to help me in Quantam computing.

I searched the internet for all my answers but i was not convinced so i decided to write this.

I hope someone will reply

I do not know a lot about quantum computers, but I understand that that the very first of them are just an engineering problem now. But these computers nowhere near being something the average joe can buy.
So I would think that at this point in time if you are interested in quantum computers you might want to either study the physics aspect, things like quantum information, computational physics, quantum theory of course and low temperature solid state physics.
Or the engineering aspect which I don't know anything about. There are some who are working on QC programming but that's not very practical since the do not exits right now.

I hope this helped a little.

Something you might want to read about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qubit

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/qt-quantcomp/" will interest you then.

From what I'm aware of, if you want to study quantum computing you should know several subjects:
- some basic paradigms in quantum mechanics
- information theory (classical, quantum information, quantum cryptography, error-correction codes, etc.)
- quantum complexity and quantum algorithms
- physical implementations of such computers

I found a very interesting course on the internet, if you really want to go into this. http://quantum.phys.cmu.edu/QCQI/"

what is the requirement and eligiblity & what role will todays Computer scientists,Engineers,& experts will play in the Quantam era.
I've seen many computer scientists and mathematicians dealing with theoretical study of the quantum algorithms. So if you are a computer scientist engineer ( such as me ) you will be able to study this.
If you are interested in physical implementation of quantum devices, that is a field more suited for physicists. However, if you are ,let's say, an electrical engineer, you could go there with a lot of individual study (quantum electronics, quantum optics , etc.). Electrical engineer departments from top universities in USA focus on topics related to quantum computing ( See http://www.ee.duke.edu/quantum-computing-optoelectronics" )

I searched the internet for all my answers but i was not convinced
http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/computers_math/quantum_computers/"are some interesting articles. Keep searching :-p
Also, look for D-Wave . They built a QC. (though the topic was controversial)

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Curious about Quantam Computers

1. What is a quantum computer?

A quantum computer is a type of computer that uses the principles of quantum mechanics to perform calculations. Unlike traditional computers which use bits to represent information, quantum computers use quantum bits or qubits, which can exist in multiple states at the same time. This allows quantum computers to process and store significantly more information and perform certain types of calculations much faster than traditional computers.

2. How is a quantum computer different from a classical computer?

A classical computer uses classical bits to store and process information, which can only exist in one of two states, 0 or 1. This limits the amount of information that can be stored and the types of calculations that can be performed. Quantum computers, on the other hand, use qubits which can exist in multiple states at the same time, allowing for much more complex calculations and the ability to process and store significantly more information.

3. What are some potential applications of quantum computers?

Quantum computers have the potential to greatly impact fields such as cryptography, drug discovery, and optimization problems. They can also be used for simulations of complex systems such as climate modeling and financial markets. Additionally, quantum computers have the potential to greatly accelerate machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms, leading to advancements in these fields.

4. How does quantum entanglement play a role in quantum computing?

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon where two or more particles become connected in a way that their properties become dependent on each other, regardless of the distance between them. In quantum computing, entanglement is used to perform calculations by manipulating the state of one qubit which then affects the state of the entangled qubit. This allows for faster and more complex calculations to be performed.

5. What are the challenges facing quantum computing?

One of the main challenges facing quantum computing is the issue of decoherence, where the fragile quantum state of qubits can be disrupted by external factors such as temperature and noise. This can lead to errors in calculations and make it difficult to maintain the quantum state for long periods of time. Additionally, the technology required for quantum computing is still in its early stages, making it difficult and expensive to build and maintain quantum computers at scale.