Curious about something very very cool

In summary, orbital velocity and angular velocity are two different measurements that are often used in calculating velocity in different contexts. Angular velocity is measured in radians or degrees per second while orbital velocity is measured in meters per second. Although they have different units and formulas, they can both be used to find velocity in certain situations.
ScienceGeek24
Curious about something very very cool!

What is the difference between orbital velocity and angular velocity ?? because they both have different formulas but sometimes i had to rely on angular velocity to find the velocity found in v^@/r=GMm/r^2. But, does it really matter how do i find my velocity with the equations of Newton?

Note: this is not hm question I'm just curious.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is the coolest thing you have ever seen?

The coolest thing I have ever seen is a blue whale swimming in the ocean. It was an incredible sight to see such a massive and majestic creature in its natural habitat.

2. Can you explain a scientific concept that is mind-blowing?

One mind-blowing scientific concept is quantum entanglement, where two particles can become connected in such a way that the state of one particle affects the state of the other, even when they are separated by vast distances.

3. How do scientists discover new things?

Scientists discover new things through research and experimentation. They use the scientific method to ask questions, form hypotheses, test those hypotheses, and analyze the results to draw conclusions and make new discoveries.

4. What is the most fascinating thing about space?

The most fascinating thing about space is its vastness and the endless possibilities it holds. There are billions of galaxies, each containing billions of stars, and we are constantly discovering new planets and phenomena that challenge our understanding of the universe.

5. Can you explain a recent scientific breakthrough?

One recent scientific breakthrough is the development of CRISPR-Cas9, a gene-editing tool that allows scientists to make precise changes to DNA. This technology has the potential to revolutionize medicine and agriculture, but it also raises ethical concerns about its use.