sophiecentaur said:
The "heat loss" is because of the resistance in the wires or the resistive element in the insulator / spacers. The other loss is due to EM radiation into space (the 'radiation resistance - which doesn't get anything hot until the EM is absorbed by something resistive out there.
I understand that the heat loss is due to resistance, I didn't consider that it was due to spaces in the conductor (minor insulation) I was just thinking of them (some of the electrons) absorbing some of the EM and then re-radiating it out as new photons off the conductor, but I suppose that is like a sort of insulation quality, then again this could just be two descriptions of the same thing? But now you're saying there is ANOTHER aspect, that of
radiate resistance, so that means that a super-conductor would still radiate EM (and act as a transmission antenna)? So still has a resistance of sorts?
Also, just thinking about preparing to wind this thread up, of of my original post thesis was that I felt that the electrons were in them-selves acting as the medium for the ill-defined '
electricity', which I've come back around to thinking. So the electrons pass a sort of energy wave along the conductor as they slowly move (in DC) or oscillate back and forth without moving (in AC), as the Electric field is BETWEEN the conductor (and it's return path conductor) and the Magnetic field curls around the conductor (and it's return path) and I suppose the closest thing to what we
call '
electricity', is the resulting poynting vector? [ of BxE or ExB (?) ]
And also just to double check there is
no E field actually inside the conductor is there?
Cheers!