Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Delayed choice quantum eraser experiment in terms of MWI and/or BI

1. Jan 9, 2009 #1
    I'm sure there's been a lot of posts on this before, but even after taking a look at some of them, this experiment is still eluding my understanding.
    I'm aware that there's no backwards causation--and that the eraser causes interference by random 'categorization'--but I'm nonetheless dissatisfied that I don't have a visual picture of the phenomenon. I know that's it possible to have one through realist interpretations of QM since they (must be) consistent with standard QM equations. Could anyone give me a complete, step-by-step description of the entire standard delayed choice quantum eraser experiment: http://www.bottomlayer.com/bottom/kim-scully/kim-scully-web.htm
    in terms of MWI? or perhaps BI--if not MWI, but I'd prefer MWI--including how the correlation exists in either case? I haven't taken any QM courses (and won't be able to for about a year) so I'd greatly appreciate descriptions that don't stray too far past basic mathematics.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2009 #2

Demystifier

Science Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?