Deleting exhaust crap off my bike

  • Thread starter Thread starter shippy__
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Bike Exhaust
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
shippy__
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Long story short I am deleting the exhaust crap off my bike to do so I need to trick my ECU into thinking its still there. I need you guys to help me figure out what I need to do so... Please refer to paint shop drawing

If you could talk me though it or draw me up something It would be much appreciated, you may dumb it down a little as I am a labourer... I just like to DIY What will I need... smaller the better

Untitledddddssss_zpsf15900be.jpg
 
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
shippy__ said:
Long story short I am deleting the exhaust crap off my bike...

1. Exactly what "exhaust crap" are you removing?
2. What year, make, and model is the bike?
 


I understand the desire to modify and improve your bike. However, I must caution against tampering with the exhaust system without proper knowledge and expertise. It is important to consider the potential consequences of altering the ECU and the impact it may have on the performance and emissions of your bike.

That being said, if you are determined to proceed with this modification, I recommend seeking the assistance of a professional mechanic or automotive engineer who can properly guide you through the process and ensure it is done safely and effectively.

In terms of what you will need, it will depend on the specific make and model of your bike and the modifications you are planning to make. I cannot provide specific instructions without more information. However, I suggest starting with a thorough understanding of the ECU and its functions, as well as the exhaust system and its role in the overall performance of your bike.

In addition, you may need specialized tools and equipment, such as a diagnostic scanner, to properly manipulate the ECU. It is also important to carefully follow any instructions or diagrams provided by the manufacturer or a trained professional.

Please keep in mind that modifications to your bike can have legal implications and may also void any warranties. I urge you to proceed with caution and seek the necessary expertise to ensure the safety and legality of your modifications.