Density of Saturated Vapor R-134a

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nugget_Mon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Density Vapor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 14K views
Nugget_Mon
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

Just for fun I am writing a program in Octave for calculating the thermodynamic properties of R-134a. I am using the equations in the Dupont properties booklet.
http://www2.dupont.com/Refrigerants/en_US/products/Suva/Suva134a.html

My functions for calculating the liquid density, liquid volume(of course), and the saturated pressure are less than 0.5% off of the published data.
My question is what am I missing to calculate the saturated vapor properties?

Thank You,
MON
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Right, I have that link as well.
I can use the tables effectively, and I have found the properties at the conditions I needed (55/100)degF. My question is one of curiosity at this point. How to calculate it programmatically.
 
Using an equation of state such as what is published in this paper - http://scitation.aip.org/getpdf/servlet/GetPDFServlet?filetype=pdf&id=JPCRBU000023000005000657000001&idtype=cvips&prog=normal
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What, our answers weren't good enough? Don't just bump the thread, elaborate what it is you're still looking for
 
I guess I must have a subscription at work for the link I provided earlier, but a quick google search reveals that http://www.nist.gov/srd/PDFfiles/jpcrd480.pdf. Again, that is the equation of state for R134a that several computer programs use for property data.
 
Sorry about the delay. My question with the MBWR equation of state was determining the Volume from inside the summation. I can't directly solve for it, so I am assuming I need to put it into a guess and check routine until the error falls into an acceptable range?