Dependence of loss factor tan(δ) upon H in MnZn ferrites

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter H Tomasz Grzybowski
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Loss
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
H Tomasz Grzybowski
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
There is ηB constant given as a hysteresis material constant.
But there is the question: what is the limit of applicability
of the formula Δ(tan(δ)) = ηB⋅ΔB⋅μe?
In particular I think I want to use ferrite with μi = 2000 or so.
Up to what H value will tan(δ) increase linearly with B ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
H Tomasz Grzybowski said:
There is ηB constant given as a hysteresis material constant.
But there is the question: what is the limit of applicability
of the formula Δ(tan(δ)) = ηB⋅ΔB⋅μe?
In particular I think I want to use ferrite with μi = 2000 or so.
Up to what H value will tan(δ) increase linearly with B ?
Can you post links to the ferrite datasheets that you've been reading to try to answer this question? Thanks.
 
Here is a link to ferrite data sheet: http://www.cosmoferrites.com/Downloads/Alnh/CF139.pdf