Hand-crank mechanism to raise and lower a binocular chair

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Building Ideas
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 11K views
Danger said:
I just thought of something. If you can find a scrapped recliner/rocker chair (such as a La-Z-Boy) at a scrapyard, you could just replace the lever assembly with a gear drive and reupholster it.

The number one priority of the chair (besides to function) is to be portable. It needs to break down into enough pieces that it can be carried but not so many pieces that it's a pain to set up.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ah, I forgot about that. Sorry. La-Z-Boys are pretty much riveted together, (at least, the skeletons that I've seen were).
How about a lawn chair? The recliner ratchet mechanism could be decoupled and tied to an automotive electric window crank mechanism or a screwjack.
 
chair would need electric massage, port for 110V for laptop power supply.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
elec2050 said:
chair would need electric massage, port for 110V for laptop power supply.

Obviously. I mean...I didn't think that even needed to be said.
 
has anyone suggested you look at the plans or the actual item called a steadicam. Buzz me back if you need some info or go to wiki.