Desperatly , have no idea where to start

In summary: The block has a mass of 10kg and starts from rest at the bottom of a 10m ramp elevated at 35 degrees. The coefficient of kinetic friction is 0.15 and Casey needs to know the force required to push the block up the entire ramp in 8.0s. Hints are given to use kinematics to find the required acceleration, Newton's 2nd law to find the net force, and to separate the forces acting on the block parallel to the plane and use components to solve for the unknown force. Casey also asks for clarification on the use of components and their relationship to the normal force and friction.
pacostames101

Homework Statement

A block of 10kg is on a plane elevated 35 degrees. if it starts at rest at the bottom of the 10m ramp, and the coefficient of kinetic friction is .15, what is the force need to push the block up the entire ramp in 8.0s.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i know force of friction goes against the motion, but honestly that's it, i need advice at where i should start (my teacher is horrible, makes mistakes on his own problems his 1st year teaching)

Physics news on Phys.org
Some hints:
(1) What acceleration is required? (Use kinematics to figure it out from the distance and time.)
(2) What net force is required? (Newton's 2nd law.)
(3) What are all the forces acting on the block parallel to the plane? The unknown applied force is one of them: Write an equation for the sum of the forces and solve for that needed force.

use components, separate the x and the y-axis .. let me see if i can try to actually figure it out

thanks for the hints and help, i figured out the accleration, but to find the force would i calculate the net force and then subtract the Ff from the net force and find the answer that way or am i approaching it wrong?

kathy737 said:
use components, separate the x and the y-axis .. let me see if i can try to actually figure it out

if you can figure it out can you post the steps, i have problems like this as well and if i see your method i can learn off that.

besides the y component in gravity and normal force if i tilit my axis due to the ramp, what other purpose do i use components for

What is the relationship between Normal force and Friction?

Casey

1. How do I even begin tackling a project when I have no idea where to start?

Starting a project can be overwhelming, especially if you don't know where to begin. The first step is to break down the project into smaller, manageable tasks. Make a list of everything that needs to be done and prioritize them. This will help you have a clear plan of action.

2. What should I do if I don't have enough information about the project?

If you are struggling to find information about your project, try reaching out to experts in the field or conducting online research. You can also consult with colleagues or mentors for guidance. Don't be afraid to ask for help or seek additional resources.

3. How can I stay motivated when I feel lost and unsure about my project?

It's normal to feel demotivated when you are unsure about a project. One way to stay motivated is to set smaller, achievable goals and celebrate each milestone. Additionally, take breaks and engage in activities that you enjoy to rejuvenate your mind and stay focused.

4. What if my project doesn't turn out as I expected?

It's important to remember that not all projects will turn out as expected. Instead of viewing it as a failure, see it as a learning experience. Reflect on what went wrong and use that knowledge to improve in the future. Remember, mistakes are a natural part of the learning process.

5. How can I effectively manage my time and resources during a project that I have no idea how to start?

Time management is crucial when working on a project. Start by setting a realistic timeline and breaking down the project into smaller tasks. Prioritize your tasks and allocate your time and resources accordingly. Don't forget to take breaks and reassess your plan as needed.