Determine the direction of vector

  • Thread starter Thread starter kgianqu2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Direction Vector
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
kgianqu2
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Find the direction of the vector . Let the direction of a vector be the angle that the vector makes with the +x-axis, measured counterclockwise from that axis. x=7.25 km, y=-3.50 km

Please help. I got -25.769, but when I entered it (to the correct sig figs) mastering physics said it was wrong.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
That worked, thank you so much. But why did it have to be subtracted from 360?
 
Yes, but it I got the answer. It had to be subtracted from 360. Thank you anyway.
 
kgianqu2 said:
That worked, thank you so much. But why did it have to be subtracted from 360?

If the y component is negative and the x component is positive, in what quadrant will it be?
Draw a sketch if you don't see it.