Determine the greatest value of the following expression

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter max2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Expression Value
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
max2
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Given that the equation $ax^3-x^2+ax-b=0$, ($a\neq 0,\,b\neq 0$) has three positive real roots.

Determine the greatest value of the following expression:

$$P=\frac{11a^2-3\sqrt3ab-\frac{1}{3}}{9b-10\left ( \sqrt3a-1 \right )}$$
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
From what course is this problem taken?

What progress have you made so far?
 
I asked from what course the problem is taken, so that I could determine if this sub-forum is the best choice.

I asked what you progress so far has been so that our helpers will know just where you are stuck, and be able to provide meaningful help.

Your response addresses neither question.
 
Was this problem assigned to you by a teacher/professor in a class?

If so, what is the name of the class?