Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Did anyone have a good day today?

1. Feb 12, 2005 #1

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Today seems to have been a pretty bad day for a lot of people. Humanino wins the prize for the worst day with the smashing of his PhD project. Evo, franz and motai are sick with the flu or flu-like something. I got word that a manuscript was rejected (compared to everyone else's day, it doesn't seem so bad...it happens and isn't the end of the world). dduardo's favorite radio station was kicked off the air. Another friend I talked to at about 11:15 was still scrambling to meet a midnight deadline that just got dropped on him yesterday, and hadn't even stopped for dinner. I know of at least one other person who had a bad day.

So, if anyone out there had something good happen to them today, please share and cheer us up! A little good news to cheer about goes a long way.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2005 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I got home from lab the same day I left home !! :biggrin:

This hasn't been happening very much lately, so it's a very positive end to the day.

4. Feb 12, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Woo hoo! Some days you have to celebrate the little things. And sometimes having a completely boring, uneventful day is a good thing. :smile:

5. Feb 12, 2005 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Today was really quite the anomaly for our lab - hardly anything went wrong ! :eek: <bracing myself for the impending inevitable disaster>

6. Feb 12, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So your lab is the one to blame! You sucked all the good luck out of the rest of the universe just so nothing would go wrong for you today. :grumpy: I knew you physicists were up to devious things. :tongue2:

7. Feb 12, 2005 #6
    My date didnt show up!! Boo hooo!

8. Feb 12, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry to hear that. :frown: See, now you know, blame Gokul's lab for luck sucking! :biggrin: I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, just so it won't be today anymore. Well, technically, it is a new day here already, but it doesn't count until I've slept and the sun comes up.

9. Feb 12, 2005 #8

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're not the only one.

10. Feb 12, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:frown: :cry: Horrible, horrible day! It's pretty bad when the best news anyone has is that Gokul got home before midnight and nothing broke.

11. Feb 12, 2005 #10

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I had a pretty decent day. We did some shopping earlier, got some bread and juice, my girlfriend bought a book. I cooked myself a pretty good dinner: roasted chicken breast, garlic mashed potatoes, and steamed vegetables. Then I watched the NBA on ESPN and saw the hated Sacramento Queens get robbed at the end. There are few things on TV more fun than watching the Queens whine and cry while losing a heartbreaking game. Although nothing particularly noteworthy occured, I've been happy all day.

12. Feb 12, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yay! A toast to loseyourname for being happy all day! :biggrin: That dinner sounds yummy! Oh, yeah, that's something good that happened today. I made shrimp scampi for dinner and it came out just right! A side dish of asparagus dipped in the same scampi sauce too...very tasty. :approve: Lots and lots of garlic (at least the vampires should leave me alone tonight).

13. Feb 12, 2005 #12

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well to contribute the general "bad day" stories. My sons pickup was broken into in our driveway, His backpack with a calculator, a Alpine CD Changer and a favorite sweat shirt ran off down the street. Leaving behind a smashed window. Why would anybody break into a beat up '83 Ranger?

14. Feb 12, 2005 #13

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

well, i had a good day yesterday...i had an ultrasound and we saw the baby, the heartbeat was strong and fast (171 b/min). the tech gave me an official due date of september 20th! with my last child however, i was 9 days early, let's hope this one isn't 9 days early.

15. Feb 12, 2005 #14

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Ostensibly to steal your son's backpack (with a calculator), the Alpine CD Changer and sweat shirt. That is one reason why one does not leave stuff in a car in a metropolitan or suburban area.

16. Feb 12, 2005 #15

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

My wake-up cigarette was particularly good this morning, so I think I've had a good day..

17. Feb 12, 2005 #16

Evo

ewwww, yuck, blech Cigarettes? :yuck: :frown:

18. Feb 12, 2005 #17

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Not everyone of us starts the day with a pint of carrot juice, Evo.

19. Feb 12, 2005 #18

Evo

ewwww, yuck, blech Carrot juice? :yuck: :frown:

20. Feb 12, 2005 #19

Evo

The perfect start to a perfect day? A big mess of grits, over easy eggs and sausage, smothered with Louisianna hot sauce. :tongue2: Washed down with a half gallon of strong coffee. Now that's a healthy way to start your day!!! :rofl:

21. Feb 12, 2005 #20

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I second your half gallon of coffee, Evo (but mind: NO MILK or sugar in it..:yuck:)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?