Did I overwrite a function?

• Thread starter mikeph
  • Start date
I'm trying to use the fanbeam.m function for some experimenting and when I select the example in the help file and press F9, I'm getting an error on the line where it uses the function.

I type "help fanbeam" and get No help found for fanbeam.m.

I may have written an m-file called this in the past, it's the only reason I can think it wouldn't work, but this file is not in my workspace at the moment.

Any ideas why this MATLAB toolbox function is missing/lost?

Thanks

Answers and Replies

What does Matlab say when you type "which fanbeam"? If you don't get anything, it means the function is missing from the path. If that's the case, then either the m file is missing, or the path is missing the proper folder. If you get a path, and it's not the toolbox path, then you have another fanbeam.m file which takes precedence.

What does Matlab say when you type "which fanbeam"? If you don't get anything, it means the function is missing from the path. If that's the case, then either the m file is missing, or the path is missing the proper folder. If you get a path, and it's not the toolbox path, then you have another fanbeam.m file which takes precedence.
It's in the MATLAB folder! I guess it takes precedence, did not realise it would look outside of the workspace!

Renamed it and it's working perfectly now! Thanks.