member 392791
I am having confusion with the difference between these two, or are they synonymous terms?
They are synonymous terns.Woopydalan said:I am having confusion with the difference between these two, or are they synonymous terms?
morrobay said:Enthalpy of vaporization is the heat , calories/gram, absorbed during phase change from liquid to gas.
For example the heat water at 100 C absorbs going to steam at 100 C
Latent heat of vaporization , usually called latent heat of fusion, is that quantity
of heat released during condensation. The phase change back to a liquid at 100 C from gas at 100 C.
Chestermiller said:The term "fusion" is reserved for the melting of a substance from solid to liquid. That's the definition of the word fusion.
morrobay said:I should have said latent heat of condensation then. The key word here is latent, and from my 1A and 1B chemistry classes
it applies when heat previously absorbed during phase change : solid to liquid and
liquid to gas is released in the reverse.