Dimensions of Electric resistance

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 37K views
Shivansh Mathur
Messages
39
Reaction score
2
Can I get the derivation of the dimensions of the physical quantity ELECTRIC RESISTANCE which is given by :-
wf.PNG

A simple derivation is only required.
Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
That does not look right to me...
Are you sure that is supposed to be the unit of electrical resistance (i.e. the ohm) expressed in SI base units?
 
I am so sorry!
This is not the correct formula. The correct one is this-
fff.PNG

Now can i get to know how we have arrived at this?
I saw this question in a competitive exam. I'm a student of class 10 with very basic knowledge in the subject. However, i know that this equation basically gives us the relation between resistance and various properties of the conductor.

seeking for a description about this thing called "dimension of ohms".
 
Shivansh Mathur said:
I am so sorry!
This is not the correct formula. The correct one is this-
View attachment 87773
Now can i get to know how we have arrived at this?
I saw this question in a competitive exam. I'm a student of class 10 with very basic knowledge in the subject. However, i know that this equation basically gives us the relation between resistance and various properties of the conductor.

seeking for a description about this thing called "dimension of ohms".

Start with Ohm's Law: V = I R

R - resistance in Ohms
V - voltage
I - current

If you look up the derived units for voltage and current, applying Ohm's Law will give you the basic units for Ohms.
 
Ok i got a better way to do it. Have studied about the SI units and the derived units.
It has automatically taken me to the answer.
Thank you.
 
V=iR
R=V/i=w/Qi=w/it.t=ML2T-2/I2T=ML2T-3I-2
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: rosema