Discover Wizmark: Interactive Urinal Communicator Advertising

• Thread starter edward
  • Start date
In summary, the talking urinal cake is a marketing tool intended to attract the attention of and be read by the male target audience. It is based on an unwritten code of etiquette that allows a man to look away while using a urinal, and has the ability to surprise and humor its users.
edward
I guess it had to happen sooner or later. In this age of mass marketing and advertising a new venue has been born. They were originally intended to alert men in bars and clubs not to drink and drive. The state of New Mexico has purchased 500 of them, but the cakes have now gone commercial.

Don't worry ladies, a version which will be installed in the potty is coming soon to a location near you.

Discover Wizmark, the interactive urinal communicator, its advertising you can't help but look at. An idea so original, it has everyone talking. Wizmark is based on one unwritten rule of men's room etiquette; when using a urinal, never stare at the person next to you. Every male knows that when he is using a urinal, he can look anyway he wants, except left or right. Realizing this unwritten code, the appeal of this marketing concept to you as an advertiser is that it effectively assures your ad will attract the attention of, and be read by, the ever elusive targeted male audience you are constantly aiming for. Wizmark's interactive capabilities will get results, providing the perfect guerilla marketing medium for men of all ages.

As a one-of-a-kind, fully functional interactive device, Wizmark can talk, sing, or flash a string of lights around a promotional message when greeting a "visitor". The large anti-glare, water-proof viewing screen is strategically located just above the drain to ensure guaranteed viewing without interruptions. Using the elements of surprise and humor in a truly unique location will allow Wizmark, in combination with your ad, to make a lasting impression on every male that sees it.

http://www.wizmark.com/

Here in Tucson we already have advertising on the sides of school buses. I am waiting to see one that says: "Tenth Grade Brought To You By Bud Light"

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm just laughing at the company name. :rofl:

...Using the elements of surprise ...
The first time a 'customer' gets surprised by the blinking lights and talking urinal cake, he's going to be so surprised he pees on the guys standing at the urinals next to him.

That's just the sort of thing that will scare the piss out of someone.

BobG said:
The first time a 'customer' gets surprised by the blinking lights and talking urinal cake, he's going to be so surprised he pees on the guys standing at the urinals next to him.

That's just the sort of thing that will scare the piss out of someone.

Hmm makes me wonder what the ones to be mounted in the potties will do.

Someone is going to come up with a joke version of one of these talking urinal deodorizer cakes that starts laughing when approached.. Its going to out sell the clapper and the Chia pet.:biggrin:

I vow, right now, that I will never buy anything that's advertised on a talking toilet.

Ivan Seeking said:
Just wait until your toilet tells you to cut back on the pizza. And you know that toilets that make wise cracks can't be too far out. :biggrin:

Smart Toilets
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/06/28/spark.toilet/index.html

:rofl: :rofl: I wonder if one of those toilets would clash with my retro pedestal sink.

hypatia said:
I vow, right now, that I will never buy anything that's advertised on a talking toilet.

Not even TP? :wink:

edward said:
Someone is going to come up with a joke version of one of these talking urinal deodorizer cakes that starts laughing when approached.. Its going to out sell the clapper and the Chia pet.:biggrin:

I'd put them in every urinal at work :rofl:

I wonder if they'll sell one that comments on "size". :rofl:

Curious3141 said:
I wonder if they'll sell one that comments on "size". :rofl:

In a joke version it could comment on just about anything.:wink:

There is no end to where the serious use of this device could go. I would imagine that these things will eventually be able to scan the persons height and width and then advertise an appropriate product. It could say for instance:
"Buy Hershey's Chocolate" or "try a refreshing Diet Pepsi."

1. What is Discover Wizmark?

Discover Wizmark is an interactive urinal communicator advertising system designed to engage and inform men while they use the restroom.

2. How does Discover Wizmark work?

Discover Wizmark uses motion-sensing technology to trigger audio and visual messages when a person approaches the urinal. These messages can be customized and updated remotely by advertisers.

3. What are the benefits of using Discover Wizmark?

Discover Wizmark offers a unique and engaging way for advertisers to reach a captive audience. It also provides valuable data on audience engagement and demographics.

4. Is Discover Wizmark environmentally friendly?

Yes, Discover Wizmark uses energy-efficient LED lights and can be programmed to conserve water by only activating when someone approaches the urinal.

5. How effective is Discover Wizmark as an advertising tool?

Studies have shown that Discover Wizmark has a high level of engagement and recall among users, making it a highly effective advertising tool. It also has the potential to reach a large and diverse audience in a unique and memorable way.