Dividing energy from power source

In summary, the conversation discusses the best way to set up a circuit with 2 AA batteries and 3 LEDs with individual on/off switches, to ensure each LED receives the same voltage and current without affecting neighboring LEDs. The suggested solution is to use 3 separate circuits with 3 switches and current limiting resistors, or to wire the LEDs in parallel.
hl_world
If I set up 2 AA batteries to power 3 LEDs (each of which had an on/off switch), how would I set up a circuit which allows the same voltage and current to be supplied to each LED when switched on without having to share with other LEDs that are on. If I'm not describing this well, I want the same effect as if each LED had its own power source without affecting the input of its neighbours.

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
3 separate circuits with 3 separate switches and 3 separate current limiting resistors.

You mean like this?

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3523/ledcircuitid6.png [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that would work and is probably the best route to take.

That's a very cumbersome way of drawing what is really pretty simple: you wire them in parallel.

OK, thanks everyone.

1. What is energy and power source?

Energy refers to the ability to do work, while a power source is a device or system that provides energy for a specific purpose.

2. How is energy divided from a power source?

Energy can be divided from a power source through various methods such as conversion, transmission, and distribution. This can include processes like converting electrical energy into mechanical energy or using transformers to step down voltage for distribution.

3. What is the purpose of dividing energy from a power source?

The purpose of dividing energy from a power source is to efficiently and safely distribute energy to its intended destination. This helps regulate the flow of energy and prevents overloading or damage to the system.

4. Are there different types of power sources?

Yes, there are various types of power sources such as fossil fuels, nuclear energy, renewable energy sources like solar and wind, and alternative sources like hydrogen fuel cells. Each type has its own advantages and limitations.

5. How does dividing energy from a power source impact the environment?

Dividing energy from a power source can have both positive and negative impacts on the environment. For example, the use of renewable energy sources can reduce greenhouse gas emissions, while the production and disposal of batteries for energy storage can have negative environmental effects.