Do you have an example of a truly random phenomenon?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
122 replies · 18K views
The_Baron said:
I mean that if we had all of the data we could have on the phenomena, then even theortically it will still be random.
I have real trouble with the format of this discussion board. Nonetheless, on the grandest scale the universe is random, random as the expansion and creation of new synapses and thought paths in the brain with new, especially original thought. At the inception of a seemingly intentional thought, was the thought to carry out, or even conceive of the intent, random? Is photon distribution in the Slit Experiment, random? So in the random but contained expansion of the universe, there is order universally in universal randomness. Yin & Yang, I reckon. Like it's getting to the philosophy of science/physics.

Mu
 
  • Wow
  • Skeptical
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: gentzen, George Keeling and Delta2
Physics news on Phys.org
Automaticsteam said:
I have real trouble with the format of this discussion board.
I love the format of this 'discussion board'. It's briliiant.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: gentzen and sophiecentaur
Automaticsteam said:
Like it's getting to the philosophy of science/physics.
And in a random act of kindness, this long thread is now done. Thanks everybody for your contributions.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: gentzen, George Keeling and sophiecentaur