Do you hoard stuff in your garage or outbuildings?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
99 replies · 9K views
Daminc said:
I've still got a Commodore Vic 20 in the attic (next to that 'tennis' game where you slotted in a cartridge and you had these 'handsets' with a dial on them. You had to move the line up and down to stop a white dot from getting past. Anyone remember that one?

I also collect books, comics, stamps, coins, anything I think is interesting or useful at a later date.
Commodore??
That piece of trash?

I had a ZX Spectrum..
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ZX Spectrum? That oversized calculator? I always had a problem programming with that. At least the Commodore had a qwerty keyboard :))
 
Daminc said:
ZX Spectrum? That oversized calculator? I always had a problem programming with that. At least the Commodore had a qwerty keyboard :))
:smile:
Ah, it all comes back to me now:
The soft, almost sensual feel of the Spectrum's rubber keys (and also the frustration when they stopped working..)
 
The soft, almost sensual feel of the Spectrum's rubber keys
You're sick mister ;)
 
Lisa! said:
No comment! I've promised to be nice and polite with him!

I am on bended knee asking for forgiveness, your highness,
but it is all arildnos fault for confusing me :biggrin:
 
but it is all arildnos fault for confusing me
and arildnos admits to once owning a ZX Spectrum.
 
Daminc said:
and arildnos admits to once owning a ZX Spectrum.

But it takes all kinds to make a world.
:biggrin: :smile:
 
I wonder how long he's kept that bottled up inside?

Now that it's out in the open perhaps the healing can begin. Are there therapists for ex-spectrum users?
 
Mr. wolram said:
I am on bended knee asking for forgiveness, your highness,
but it is all arildnos fault for confusing me :biggrin:
Sorry Sir, but I think it's your fault to become confused!
 
Lisa! said:
Sorry Sir, but I think it's your fault to become confused!

Of course,what your highness thinks can not be wrong.
 
I have a tin of," Pratts oil", and some ancient spark plugs that can be
dismantled, loads of heavy copper soldering irons, i am sure they will
be handy one day.
 
Mr wolram said:
Of course,what your highness thinks can not be wrong.
Sorry Sir. I think you're not right . Because I'm only a human!
 
Last edited:
Daminc said:
You're sick mister ;)
:confused:
The keys on Spectrum's keyboard WAS made of rubber; besides, I was only 11 or so..
 
Lisa! said:
rubber or robber? :wink:
Are you insinuating I've played (the) bridge at some time??
How very rude..
 
You don't remember our discussion about 'r(u/o)bber'??
How forgetful! :bugeye:
 
Lisa! said:
Sorry Sir. I think you're not right . Because I'm only a human!

But of course your highness you are rectus, emendo, i think.
 
Mr wolram said:
But of course your highness you are rectus, emendo, i think.

What do you think of people who keeps lots of trashes because they remind them of someone, Sir?
 
Lisa! said:
What do you think of people who keeps lots of trashes because they remind them of someone, Sir?

I would hold them in high esteem your highness, memories are very valuable .
 
Mr wolram said:
I would hold them in high esteem your highness, memories are very valuable .


:bugeye: :bugeye: Sure they are, Sir. But I said trashes! For example keeping one of arildno's beer-cans ! :rolleyes:
 
Lisa! said:
:bugeye: :bugeye: Sure they are, Sir. But I said trashes! For example keeping one of arildno's beer-cans ! :rolleyes:

I beg your pardon your highness, it does seem a little exocentric, i knew an old
lady that collected news papers, every room was full of them, but she seemed happy.
 
wolram said:
I beg your pardon your highness, it does seem a little exocentric, i knew an old
lady that collected news papers...
THAT?
That is very rude to describe an old lady by..
 
arildno said:
THAT?
That is very rude to describe an old lady by..

I didn't mean to insult you.
 
wolram said:
I didn't mean to insult you.
You called me a LADY?
How rude; I've never advanced above the gutter level in epithets.
 
arildno said:
You called me a LADY?
How rude; I've never advanced above the gutter level in epithets.

Ok i shall call you, Arildno the Red, as you are all ways grummpy. :biggrin:
 
wolram said:
Ok i shall call you, Arildno the Red, as you are all ways grummpy. :biggrin:
Since my first name, Arild, is derived from Harawaldr, which means "war-chief", I can accept that.
 
Peace on earth, well all most, has that cantankerous lady gone? or is she going
to do an arnie.
 
arildno said:
You called me a LADY?
:smile: What a shame for women if you were a woman!




How rude; I've never advanced above the gutter level in epithets.
Today is rude's day for you. You used this word a lot today. :rolleyes:
 
Mr. wolram said:
Ok i shall call you, Arildno the Red, as you are all ways grummpy. :biggrin:
Agree with you, Sir. He's most of time esp. when he receives a compliment! :wink: