Do you hoard stuff in your garage or outbuildings?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
99 replies · 9K views
Lisa! said:
Agree with you, Sir. He's most of time esp. when he receives a compliment! :wink:

What an honor, your highness Lisa agrees with me, on a small point may be
but worthy of mention. :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
i never buy stuff, so I have nothing too horde, alhough I'd probably be one if I did.
 
Smurf said:
i never buy stuff, so I have nothing too horde, alhough I'd probably be one if I did.

I can not remember my grand dad buying any thing, yet he had five sheds full of stuff, if some one threw out a spade, fork, hoe, he would rescue and repair it,
he had one shed full of garden tools, and wood, i have no idea where he found
it, but he had a wood stack for rough stuff and a shed for the good stuff.
 
Lisa! said:
:smile: What a shame for women if you were a woman!
Well, really!
Do you find Eartha Kitts and Bette Daviss to be shames for womanhood?
 
arildno said:
Well, really!
Do you find Eartha Kitts and Bette Daviss to be shames for womanhood?

Your going far back in history with those two Red, I wonder how old you are. :confused:
 
wolram said:
Your going far back in history with those two Red, I wonder how old you are. :confused:
Don't you dare antiquefying those two.
 
arildno said:
Don't you dare antiquefying those two.

But they are ancient, only a real hoarder would have any of their material.
They were over rated as well.
 
This weekend, I will put the sliding door on my new shed. It is 12 by 12 ft, with 8 ft walls and at the gable peek its ruffly 14 ft tall.
I think my neighbors are takeing bets on how long it will be till I fill it :mad:
 
hypatia said:
This weekend, I will put the sliding door on my new shed. It is 12 by 12 ft, with 8 ft walls and at the gable peek its ruffly 14 ft tall.
I think my neighbors are takeing bets on how long it will be till I fill it :mad:

Science will not allow a perfect vacuum, it seems the same for people and sheds
There must be an unwritten law, that the volume of a shed is never equal to
its original requirements. :smile:
 
So I should plan on a addition to the Taj MaShed?
 
hypatia said:
So I should plan on a addition to the Taj MaShed?

Given enough time you could fill any volume, better not be geedy and let
others have some ooparts to stash away :biggrin:

The Taj MaShed :smile:
 
Last edited:
arildno said:
Don't you dare antiquefying those two.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ... :cry:
 
Lisa! said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ... :cry:
Have you already antiquefied them?
Shame on you, then. You do not have my sympathy.
 
arildno said:
Have you already antiquefied them?
Shame on you, then. You do not have my sympathy.
:cry: :cry: :cry: ... :cry:
 
Lisa! said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: ... :cry:
Dear, dear. This is simply too awful to be responsible for.
I'm very sorry, you have the right to antiquefy who you want.
 
arildno said:
Dear, dear. This is simply too awful to be responsible for.
I'm very sorry, you have the right to antiquefy who you want.
I was :cry: because I can't stand it when you're !
 
Lisa! said:
I was :cry: because I can't stand it when you're !
Okay, I'll be all :smile: from now on.
 
arildno said:
Since my first name, Arild, is derived from Harawaldr, which means "war-chief", I can accept that.

Wasn't Arild a character in Steptoe and Son, the rag and bone merchant?
 
wolram said:
Wasn't Arild a character in Steptoe and Son, the rag and bone merchant?
I am blissfully ignorant of any such character.
(And who's Steptoe?)
 
arildno said:
I am blissfully ignorant of any such character.
(And who's Steptoe?)

It was a comedy show on british tv a long time ago, about a rag and bone
collector and his son, Arild.
 
arildno said:
Sounds ghastly.

It just seemed apt to this thread as he was a hoarder.
 
arildno said:
Okay, I'll be all :smile: from now on.
Thanks! :smile:
 
Lisa! said:
Thanks! :smile:

But you can not have a, "War chief", that is all ways smiling, he wouldn't scare
any one.
 
Mr wolram said:
But you can not have a, "War chief", that is all ways smiling, he wouldn't scare
any one.
Scare others, Sir? :bugeye: Are you kidding? we're talkinng about "war chief" not a scarecrow!
 
Lisa! said:
Scare others, Sir? :bugeye: Are you kidding? we're talkinng about "war chief" not a scarecrow!

You mean you are not affraid of war chief, your higness, you are brave.
 
Mr wolram said:
You mean you are not affraid of war chief, your higness, you are brave.

What do you think of a war chief, Sir? I don't think frightening people by his appearance would be part of his job! They may be frightening but of course not because of their appearances!
 
Lisa! said:
What do you think of a war chief, Sir? I don't think frightening people by his appearance would be part of his job! They may be frightening but of course not because of their appearances!

Would you like a very old tin of pratts motor oil your highness.
 
Mr wolram said:
Would you like a very old tin of pratts motor oil your highness.
No, Thanks Sir! I just want to stop talking to you now!