Does anybody know any free pop3 and smtp emails?

• Thread starter NewScientist
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of various email services, such as gmx, gmail, and nerdshack, and the possibility of setting up a free email service with postfix and cyrus pop3 on a *nix machine. The speaker is open to trying out new email services and is interested in organizing their contacts into different groups. The conversation also mentions the limitations of using *nix or BSD on a company laptop.
NewScientist
I already used gmx, gmail and nerdshack but I was wondering if anybody knew of anyothers?!

Computer science news on Phys.org
You can setup one up for yourself using postfix and cyrus pop3 on a *nix machine.

Are you not happy with gmail or the others you've tried? Why are you asking for free email services with pop3?

I'm running XP on this company laptop and the IT guys would no nuts if i went to *nix or BSD or such like!

I don't mind gmail etc but I am always on the lok out for alternatives and also ways to separate out accounts to specific groups of contacts, ie all friends on one, all business on another, all family on another and all sign ups on another.

NS

1. What are POP3 and SMTP emails?

POP3 (Post Office Protocol version 3) and SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) are two commonly used email protocols. POP3 is responsible for receiving emails from a mail server, while SMTP is responsible for sending emails to a mail server.

2. Are there any free POP3 and SMTP email services available?

Yes, there are several free email services that offer POP3 and SMTP support, such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com.

3. How do I set up a free POP3 and SMTP email account?

To set up a free POP3 and SMTP email account, you will need to create an account with a free email service provider and then configure your email client with the POP3 and SMTP server settings provided by the provider.

4. What are the benefits of using free POP3 and SMTP email services?

Some benefits of using free POP3 and SMTP email services include access to a large storage capacity for emails, easy integration with multiple devices, and the ability to send and receive emails from anywhere with an internet connection.

5. Are there any limitations to using free POP3 and SMTP email services?

Yes, there may be some limitations, such as a smaller storage capacity compared to paid email services, limitations on the number of emails that can be sent per day, and the presence of advertisements in the email interface. However, these limitations vary depending on the specific free email service provider.