Firstly, thanks to those who actually gave me an explantion on my query. As to those who got a bit upset, I confess I am no scholar on the subject nor do I even have a degree in the field, I am just interested in it, that's all. I apologise for getting the formula or topic wrong I just thought this fourm might be a good way of having explained observations I notice from time to time. I sure was not trying to commit some sort of heresy by rocking the foundation of your existence, as you know it (remember scientists can be wrong as can theories!).
Nevertheless, I also thought of holding it in the middle but I assumed that in relative terms, a pole's gravitation pull (if that is what you call it) may vary so insignificantly based on its position that it may not be noticable, hence my query on actual research and not just observation. I have also done the vacuum test at school many years ago, but wondered if assumably the size of vacuum chambers on Earth are relatively limited, that even ones that have been used for detecting an objects fall may also not be able to show a minute difference based on surface area.
As I said, I am just looking for some sort of evidence rather than theory into the phenomena