Does the mass of subatomic particles differ on different planets?

In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between gravitational force and particle mass, with the participants clarifying that gravitational force does not affect the mass of a particle, but rather the mass of a particle determines the gravitational force it experiences. They also mention the Higgs field and its role in particle mass. The conversation concludes with one participant clarifying that the weight of objects of the same mass will differ on different planets, and that confusion between mass and weight may be causing a misunderstanding.
ayush solanki
Does the gravitational force of different planets affect it? I know about the higgs boson and so is that what gives a particle mass?

Space news on Phys.org
I know it sounds dumb

No.

Likes Bandersnatch
Orodruin said:
No.
I thought so

ayush solanki said:
I know it sounds dumb

For a good reason.

The answer is no.

The weight of objects of the same mass will differ on different planets. Are you confusing "mass" and "weight"?

Gravitational force will not affect the mass of a particle. The mass of a particle will determine the gravitational force it experiences but not vice versa. Also, read up some simple articles about the Higgs Field. I think you've got gravitational field and higgs field confused or something.

Check this out.

HallsofIvy said:
The weight of objects of the same mass will differ on different planets. Are you confusing "mass" and "weight"?
Yea that might be it

1. How do we measure the mass of subatomic particles on different planets?

The mass of subatomic particles can be measured using devices such as particle accelerators and mass spectrometers. These devices use electromagnetic fields to manipulate and measure the mass of particles.

2. Can the mass of subatomic particles vary on different planets?

Yes, the mass of subatomic particles can potentially vary on different planets due to differences in gravitational pull, atmospheric conditions, and other factors. However, the differences are likely to be very small and may not be detectable with current technology.

3. How does the mass of subatomic particles affect the formation of matter on different planets?

The mass of subatomic particles plays a crucial role in the formation of matter on different planets. The mass of particles affects the strength of gravitational forces, which in turn determines how matter clumps together to form planets, stars, and other celestial bodies.

4. Do all subatomic particles have the same mass on different planets?

No, not all subatomic particles have the same mass on different planets. For example, the mass of an electron may vary slightly due to differences in the strength of electromagnetic fields. However, the variations are generally very small and may not have a significant impact on the overall structure of matter.

5. How does the mass of subatomic particles impact the laws of physics on different planets?

The mass of subatomic particles is a fundamental factor in the laws of physics and plays a role in various phenomena such as gravity, electromagnetism, and nuclear forces. Therefore, any differences in the mass of particles on different planets may affect the laws of physics in those locations, but the effects are likely to be very subtle.