Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dog rescue, bizarre circumstances

1. Jan 10, 2012 #1

rhody

Gold Member

Kayak Fisherman Rescues Dog

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1599/dogrescue.jpg [Broken]

The poor injured dog, front paw injured from the hit and run, was so freaked he jumped in the ocean and swam to get away, how sad, and at the same time how lucky for him to be spotted and rescued by the Kayaker. The guy that hit the dog and his owner was fleeing another hit and run at the time. It doesn't get any more bizarre than this.

Rhody... o:)

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2012 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Poor pooch. I hope somebody wants to take him in. He looks like Duke.

4. Jan 10, 2012 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

So lucky for the dog. Such a tragedy. Manslaughter is not severe enough for that drunk. For what he did, lock him up and throw away the key.

5. Jan 12, 2012 #4
    Awww poor doggy. What a lucky dog and lucky fisherman!! How could you a hit a dog and keep driving? I mean...I know people hit and run people too. Wouldn't you stop? I know I would regardless of my state of mind.

6. Jan 12, 2012 #5
    Funny how people are sympathetic for the dog and don't even seem to care about it's owner being killed...

7. Jan 12, 2012 #6
    Funny how people care for dogs but eat cows.

8. Jan 12, 2012 #7
    That's a completely irrelevant comparison. Cows are grown for food, and some people do eat dogs.

A human being was killed, and people care more about a dog getting its paw hurt.

9. Jan 12, 2012 #8

jhae2.718

Gold Member

Dogs are considered cute and adorable by many people, hence the emotional response.

10. Jan 12, 2012 #9

rhody

Gold Member

Uh...no, there was a possibility the dog may have died while swimming in fear from hypothermia, you missed the point. You seem to enjoy taking controversial opinions in my humble opinion for attention. This is not the first time either. There are better and more productive ways to contribute and interact with others, your choice, however.

Rhody...

11. Jan 12, 2012 #10
    Apparantly you've never had dogs, because they surely do have emotions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook