Donate Gmail Invite - Request Here

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around people requesting invitations for a Gmail account, a beta email service offered by Google. One person initially asked for an invite, while others also expressed their desire for one. Some people questioned the ethics of asking for invites on a science and tech forum, while others shared tips on how to obtain an invite. Some individuals also expressed their concerns about Gmail's privacy policy and the potential for spam. Overall, there is a mix of excitement and skepticism surrounding the Gmail service.
I regret that I abandon my hotmail account few years ago. :mad:

Physics news on Phys.org
:frown: :frown: :frown:

How come EVERYONE else gets an invite and I don't? This is like seriously uncool you know!

Anyway, Evo, my present mail system is a 10MB system and it limits itself to 4MB attachments. Yeah I know Hotmail etc. got more space but the one I'm currently using is VERY user friendly and Hotmail etc. attract a lot of spam. As with Monique, files DO get big and having a tiny liccle account like this is seriously uncool.

What is a Gmail? :confused:

The Bob (2004 ©)

How do you get to have giant Hotmail accounts ? Mine is a pathetic 1 MB account, and never seems to get any bigger...

I already had some extra storage, and they just sent me an email :biggrin: :biggrin:
As a valued MSN Hotmail Extra Storage subscriber, we will be upgrading your storage capacity to a massive 2GB with 20MB attachment size at no extra cost to you!
I'm sure they found a loophole to lure people into paying massive charges without knowing it :rolleyes: but for now I can enjoy it :)

Ok guys, I have two more invites. The next two people to post their e-mail I can send an invite to. Please don't PM me :)

Yippy, <old email address was here>

Thanky you aychamo for your generosity. You don't know how long I've waited to get an account :surprise:

Last edited:
Ok guys! I sent the invites! I hope yall like gmail!

Just signed up. Works great!

Thanks aychamo

Oy, I'm always the uncool, technologically backward one. Still don't want or need Gmail :-) Monique, I have server limits on my work accounts too, but I just move important email off the server...all it takes is one server failure in the wrong place, and *poof* no more important emails. The last university I worked at made it a policy to NOT back-up email servers. They didn't want the responsibility or expense of dredging through years and years and years of back-ups in case the files were subpoenaed for some reason. On the other hand, we do get a fairly large web server space to upload files for sharing...not huge, but large enough that the stuff I can't email can be put where someone can download it. Though someone got into our servers one night and deleted almost everyone's files (we also have spaces for sharing files internally, and that's what they got to)...took about a week to restore everything from the back-ups.

Ahhh, backups..

Doing analysis on my work, everything accidentally got deleted (programming languages :S) and the work needed to be reloaded from a backup of which there were several. But.. the wrong backup got loaded, the wrong backup file overwrote the good file on the backup so I was left with only backups of old work :S

It took me a week to reenter all the data into the database from notebooks :O (and I'm a well organized person). Luckily it wasn't me who deleted and later overwrote the good file :P

Aychamo,

Thanks a gazillion. Have just gotten back from dinner (and a few) and found your invite.

Thanks again !:biggrin:

WHAT IS A GMAIL? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The Bob (2004 ©)

GMail.com

Hehe, I still have a few invites, talk to me on MSN if you want it ;)
(futb0l@bigfoot.com)

futb0l said:
GMail.com

Hehe, I still have a few invites, talk to me on MSN if you want it ;)
(futb0l@bigfoot.com)

Cheers :biggrin:

Dear Santa,

I have been a good boy this year. I drink my milk everynight. Can I have a g-mail invite?

The_Professional

THis is a sad, sad thread. Full of people slobbering and fretting over something that will be outmoded in a year. I haven't read such childish yabbering since I forsook the TD sub-forum two months ago. I'm disappointed.

Um. THere aren't any other invites there, are there? No?

Stupid gmail.

Wouldn't want it even if you begged me.

Stupid, stupid gmail.

futbol PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZ!

I've been dying for an invite! pm me or email shahil@webmail.co.za

Dankie if you do gimme one! (Dankie means thank you - Afrikaans!)

:wink: :wink:

TTT. Anyone want a Gmail invite? I have three to give. If there are any takers, PM me with your e-mail address.

Thanks

I've got 5 gmail invites to give out.. pm me as well

Ok i donno why the hell i can't edit my own messages anymore.. but here is the latest update: I've given out 4 invites.. and have one left.

so if you are planning to pm me - pm me your email address

Still have three. It seems like GMail is sending these things out like mad. Any takers out there please PM me and I'll send an invite your way pronto.

Enjoy.

Sent, sent and waiting on e-mail address to send. I've none left.

Enjoy.

Thanks a lot faust9!

Same here, thanks faust9.

1000 Megs of storage :suprise:. Time to fatten this thing up :smile:.

alright, I have 1 invite up for grabs

...and recon got it.

Last edited:
So, am I ever, ever, ever going to get an invite??

I've begged SOOOO much but alas, nothing! C'mon dudes - help a poor liccle soul out here! :blush:

I've got 4 invites to give out. The first 4 to post a request under this post win. Make sure to put your email address in the post.

First five to PM me their e-mail addresses get invites.

Does anyone still want one?

I've got one now, don't worry about it. A friend sorted me out. :)

I have 5 invites, for anyone who wants one. PM me with your address if you do.